45K Sold!

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I doubt if there is anymore than a handful of Iowa fans buying season tickets to ISU then selling the rest of them. Why go through all that hassle, when they could pick any game at Iowa to get tickets too or just buy them on the secondary market.
Iowa is not like Nebraska years ago where every game was sold out and the only way to see them play was to go on the road. Hell, I really doubt many Nebraska fans were doing it either.
I know more than a handful personally who are. Why do they go to Ames? To hang out and go to a football game with their friends who happen to be (gasp) Cyclone fans.

If your assertion is true, why does it just happen the uptick in season tickets always seem to happen when the Iowa game is a home game? Hint: It's because Iowa fans are buying season tickets for $175 instead of paying $100+ on the secondary market and selling the early season games to pay for them.

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Tremendous accomplishment..Jack Trice is going to be rocking...

On the flip side...Mighty Rutgers...that critical BIG addition...has sold 16,000..

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I know more than a handful personally who are. Why do they go to Ames? To hang out and go to a football game with their friends who happen to be (gasp) Cyclone fans.

If your assertion is true, why does it just happen the uptick in season tickets always seem to happen when the Iowa game is a home game? Hint: It's because Iowa fans are buying season tickets for $175 instead of paying $100+ on the secondary market and selling the early season games to pay for them.

So how many are in your handful, 5 or 10, a 100, do you really believe that a couple thousand Iowa fans are buying season tickets to ISU for the Iowa game?
Hell if they are that well off, they can get tickets for free. Ag. business always has plenty of tickets for the large customers, have relative that gets 4 every year for the ISU/Iowa game. Costs him nothing.
Did you ever consider that just maybe its the ISU fans that are excited about the up coming season, and its them purchasing season tickets to get in on the ground floor of what we all hope will be great football this year and in the future.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
So how many are in your handful, 5 or 10, a 100, do you really believe that a couple thousand Iowa fans are buying season tickets to ISU for the Iowa game?
Hell if they are that well off, they can get tickets for free. Ag. business always has plenty of tickets for the large customers, have relative that gets 4 every year for the ISU/Iowa game. Costs him nothing.
Did you ever consider that just maybe its the ISU fans that are excited about the up coming season, and its them purchasing season tickets to get in on the ground floor of what we all hope will be great football this year and in the future.
Go ahead and post the season tickets sold by season. See if you can find the common link between all the upticks. This isn't a "this season" thing...this is a "happens every other year" thing. I wonder what the common link is...whether it's scalpers buying tickets or Iowa fans doesn't make a difference...it's a ticket that's not being sold every other year and therefore additional Cyclone fans have to step up to the plate to keep the tickets sold at the same level. So far that's never really happened.

• Friendly
Reactions: isutime

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Go ahead and post the season tickets sold by season. See if you can find the common link between all the upticks. This isn't a "this season" thing...this is a "happens every other year" thing. I wonder what the common link is...whether it's scalpers buying tickets or Iowa fans doesn't make a difference...it's a ticket that's not being sold every other year and therefore additional Cyclone fans have to step up to the plate to keep the tickets sold at the same level. So far that's never really happened.

You never answered my question, how many are in your handful? Its hard to sell season tickets when the team is not winning, no matter who you are. We have not won consistently for a number of years. Most of us feel that is changing, so people are investing their money in that change. Back to back 8 win seasons, is something many ISU fans have never seen in their life. You have to go back to the mid 70's.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I think we will slowly grow over the next decade with a young alumni base that continues to choose to live in Iowa.

That said, this year may be a bit of a short term peak with a 7 game home schedule that includes Iowa and UNI.
And for folks like me who graduated, left for 25 years and came HOME! Let's Go State! I am so pCYched to be able to go to ISU games each week so easily AGAIN. Let's Go State!

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009

I think more Iowa State fans seeing more value in the season ticket when it includes the Iowa game, so there is more demand for season tickets when Iowa is included . Season ticket prices are about the same whether that game is against Iowa or against Akron. If you are on the bubble of getting them the value in the Iowa game might push you over the hump.

I really don’t think there’s hardly any Iowa fans buying Iowa state season tix for this game.

• Agree
Reactions: wclarson

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
If I was an Iowa Fan going to the game I would have purchased general seating season tickets. Then you sell the rest which just the UNI, Texas and OSU homecoming game would get your money back. If ISU turns out to be really good then I would make money. Of course it all takes effort...

• Useful
Reactions: onlyspringers

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If I was an Iowa fan I would have bought ISU season tickets in a heartbeat. I'm WAY smarter than most Hawk fans so I couldn't begin to guess how many Iowa fans are doing this. It's a piece of cake to sell the rest.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Looking to donate and purchase some tickets and have not been following the threads. Does anyone know, on the sections with split level donations, which row number is where one donation level stops and the next one begins? Looking at some of the remaining season tickets, specifically sections V, D, F? Also are all parking passes sold?

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Looking to donate and purchase some tickets and have not been following the threads. Does anyone know, on the sections with split level donations, which row number is where one donation level stops and the next one begins? Looking at some of the remaining season tickets, specifically sections V, D, F? Also are all parking passes sold?

I dont think there is a split. The donation level just helps determines when the ticket holder can pick their seats. Ther isnt a specific line as far as I know.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Danger for UofI in Iowa fans purchasing ISU season tickets is they may realize the game day atmosphere and experience is a lot better and option to just use the rest of their ticket to see exciting football instead of watching Kirk punt on 4th and 1 at the 35.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
If I was an Iowa fan I would have bought ISU season tickets in a heartbeat. I'm WAY smarter than most Hawk fans so I couldn't begin to guess how many Iowa fans are doing this. It's a piece of cake to sell the rest.

If I was an iowa fan I would be ashamed.

• Winner
Reactions: wclarson

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
If Iowa fans want to help support Iowa State athletics then by all means do it.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
You can click on a seat and when the price information comes up, you then can click on the 'benefits" tab and then the donation information for that seat will come up. I believe section F requires a $500 donation.

You may be able to get a parking pass in G7 if there are any spots available. You must contact the ticket office directly to find out if any parking passes are still available. I believe all other lots have been sold out since the selection period a few months ago.

Reactions: ISUboi12

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
You can click on a seat and when the price information comes up, you then can click on the 'benefits" tab and then the donation information for that seat will come up. I believe section F requires a $500 donation.

You may be able to get a parking pass in G7 if there are any spots available. You must contact the ticket office directly to find out if any parking passes are still available. I believe all other lots have been sold out since the selection period a few months ago.

With the lots around Hilton requiring a parking pass now, it greatly increased the number of reserved spots. So if i were a betting man i would say there are some parking passes left. There could even be a few paved spots around hilton left as many of the people at the 500 level prefer g7. I dont know this for sure, but in a thread back at the time of parking selection, this seemed to be the concensus.

Help Support Us

Become a patron