49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Endorsements might sell Hy-Vee Chinese food, but it doesn't move the needle much in this industry.
Cue camera panning a beautiful Iowa soybean field.... owner Farmer standing there with his buddy .... buddy says ... "that's a Purdy good looking crop right there"

Reactions: Pizzapitter

SanDiego49er

Oct 2, 2023
Pretty sure, previous to Niner's vs. Lion's, Andy/staff was mostly unaware that Purdy has legs.
Just hunching... Reed/dc are rewriting the d play book, in a last moment, manner o speak.
Suspect, a Chief d angle that admits to, "this punk can run."
Anybody who watches him knows he can run. They just don't use it much. Because they don't want to get him hurt in the regular season.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

Good video that tells Brock's story. For whatever reason even fan vids gloss over Purdy had a major, career threatening elbow injury 53 weeks ago and that should be a much bigger part of the narrative as I'm watching this play out. The surgery Brock had could still be said to be an experimental one as it has been in use for only a decade. And not only did Brock return from it, he played at a Pro Bowl level and got his team to the Super Bowl.

They'd write a movie like that and they'd toss that story line as unbelievable.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
I took my daughter to a violin competition this morning in Gig Harbor, WA. The competition was held in Peninsula High School on Purdy Lane. I think Brock will play well in the Super Bowl
Good video that tells Brock's story. For whatever reason even fan vids gloss over Purdy had a major, career threatening elbow injury 53 weeks ago and that should be a much bigger part of the narrative as I'm watching this play out. The surgery Brock had could still be said to be an experimental one as it has been in use for only a decade. And not only did Brock return from it, he played at a Pro Bowl level and got his team to the Super Bowl.

They'd write a movie like that and they'd toss that story line as unbelievable.

Reactions: NWICY

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
This was his first start. Came in and blew the Cowboys away with a bunch of big runs. Over his career he ran less and less. But he’s more than capable.

I recall that BP did not start that game. Zeb Noland was ineffectual, the Cyclones were going nowhere. Kyle Kempt, a walk-on who beat Oklahoma in Norman the year previous, had been tutoring BP all fall.

Again, iirc, on the sideline Kyle approached Matt Campbell and told him that Brock is "ready for the moment." CMC inserted BP into the game and the rest is history, as they say.

So, Brock started 3-1/2 years at Iowa State. Sort of why it bugs me that tv announcers last fall spoke about Rocco beating Brock's freshman records. Love Rocco, great young man, but the comparison is not just, imho.

Kyle Kempt is a wonderful Cyclone, too, love the guy. He's on staff still at ISU. So, Cyclones, remember this day?