49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
That 2001 or 2002 Miami Hurricanes team was nuts. Not as much depth as some others but top end was crazy.
Names that pop from the 2001 roster (man if they had a QB other than Dorsey)

Willis McGahee
Najeh Davenport
Andre Johnson
Ken Dorsey
Clinton Portis
Frank Gore
Bryant Mckinnie
Kellen Winslow Jr
Jeremy Shockey
Roscoe Parrish

Antrel Rolle
Ed Reed
Sean Taylor
Phillip Buchanon
Jonathan Vilma
Vince Wilfork

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Well this is disappointing news.

Allegedly he pushed his girlfriend to the ground during an argument. Police were called. Victim said her arm hurt but police found no signs of injury and victim refused medical treatment. He was arrested under suspicion of domestic violence. No charges have been filed yet.

No opinion intended here, just trying to pass the cliff notes along.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Alotta the talking heads are switching their tune on Purdy it seems.

Going into Philly with the Eagles coming off their divisional round win over the Giants, many don't think he has it in him.

Giants are TERRIBLE. Eagles looked like world beaters.

Philly is tough place to play, no doubt. But 3 weeks ago everyone thought Philly was all but done and then they beats the Giants once and everyone thinks their the best again. Not buying it.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA

Going into Philly with the Eagles coming off their divisional round win over the Giants, many don't think he has it in him.

Philly is tough place to play, no doubt. But 3 weeks ago everyone thought Philly was all but done and then they beats the Giants once and everyone thinks their the best again. Not buying it.
There were many talking up Dallas after they beat Tampa Bay.

Philly will be a tough opponent, but I think many are overreacting to the results from the Giants game.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
There were many talking up Dallas after they beat Tampa Bay.

Philly will be a tough opponent, but I think many are overreacting to the results from the Giants game.
100% agree

And I get it, its the NFC Champ game, so you're going to talk it up a bit- but the Eagles arent running for 200+ yards like they did on the Giants.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

I think Philly has struggled to stop the run at times this year. Hopefully the 9ers can get the run game going earlier and make everything easier. They have a great pass rush so hopefully Purdy has a run game to lean on.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
I think Philly has struggled to stop the run at times this year. Hopefully the 9ers can get the run game going earlier and make everything easier. They have a great pass rush so hopefully Purdy has a run game to lean on.
I don't think people gave either SF or DAL defenses enough credit. That game was wild. The way DAL contained all of SF's speed and kept the lid on the rushing and edge pursuit/contain were really impressive.

I don't recall the last time I saw that much edge pressure, but then recovery to edge contain in a game before. Dallas has some dogs on D.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
100% agree

And I get it, it’s the NFC Champ game, so you're going to talk it up a bit- but the Eagles arent running for 200+ yards like they did on the Giants.
Another issue is that a rookie has literally never won a division championship and moved on to the Super Bowl. I think four or five rookies have gotten to the game, and they’ve all lost. So this would be a first if Purdy were to win.

The other issue that was keeping people low on Philly was there was concern about hurts’ shoulder, but that looked good this weekend.

if this game were in San Francisco, I would say Niners for sure, but for me this feels like a true 50-50 game..

• Dumb
Reactions: RonBurgundy

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
100% agree

And I get it, its the NFC Champ game, so you're going to talk it up a bit- but the Eagles arent running for 200+ yards like they did on the Giants.
SF is really good against the run as well. Hurts will have to beat them through the air.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

Philly has been the best team all year. It will be a tough win, then he has to beat presumably the Bengals who looked like the best team in the league against Buffalo.

• Dumb
Reactions: RonBurgundy

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ok fine.

55 is still greater than 40.

I'm out, this up there on the silliest argument of all time.

People used to say the Iowa State womens team would beat the men’s back when they were good and the men were bad.

It’s just a different level. People can and do choose to believe stupid things all the time. I’d tap out too.