Jan 19, 2019
Next year..

E49-F11-BE-8718-4-ABC-9-E70-58-D717-DC94-C5.jpg

Reactions: VeloClone

wenkeej

Dec 28, 2015
Cambridge
Deebo hinted at the same thing.
Reading between the lines (and sometimes just reading the lines) it really sounds like the 49ers locker room is on board with Brock being their starting QB going forward.

But I also think they will be behind Lance if he is on the one leading them onto the field Week 1. As long as it isn't a situation like last year where Lance is the Week 1 starter because they spent so much on him they feel obligated to start him.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Reading between the lines (and sometimes just reading the lines) it really sounds like the 49ers locker room is on board with Brock being their starting QB going forward.

But I also think they will be behind Lance if he is on the one leading them onto the field Week 1. As long as it isn't a situation like last year where Lance is the Week 1 starter because they spent so much on him they feel obligated to start him.

I mean, veteran players on a team competing for championships will take the person who has proven they can win over a player who is unproven. I don't think anyone should be surprised by this.
It's kind of self-serving as well, since with Brock being on a really team-friendly rookie deal they have more to spend on the supporting cast.

Reactions: t-noah

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
https://www.nfl.com/news/49ers-qb-b...his-upcoming-ucl-repair-surgery-due-to-inflam

Heard this on Dan Patrick Show this morning. Sounds like it's still too swollen to proceed and the commentary on the show was that Trey Lance would be QB1 going into training camp due to the surgery/rehab delay, thinking Purdy will be out now possibly until sometime in September.
I had a complete tear of the rotator cuff not all that long ago, which was kind of a cluster*** (not going to get into it all here). It was not the same, but similar issues, including swelling and a long delay in the operation in my case. It took me longer afterward in physical therapy in part because the associated muscle hadn't been used for so long.

I hope Brock is ready to go first thing next season. But I nearly posted before that you don't want to push things too much.

The surgeon and I discussed it previously, but in our last appointment prior to the operation, we talked about the recovery and physical therapy. I have a lot of experience running and lifting, and am familiar with how to do it -- gradually in a step like manner in both, gradually increasing amounts week to week, and month to month, and resting, and such. Also, it takes connective tissue longer to adjust. You go gradually, because your muscles gain strength faster than the connective tissue. You risk injury if you do what your muscles are capable of but the connective tissue isn't prepared for yet. You risk having to start over at square one.

So I went quite a while telling the surgeon about all that, which was all true.

His response was simply "you need to let it heal." It was everything I said and more. In my case, it also had to be reattached to the bone.

It all went well in the end. Brock is quite a bit younger than me, which helps.

Reactions: Pizzapitter

Humanjukebox

Oct 16, 2017
I had a complete tear of the rotator cuff not all that long ago, which was kind of a cluster*** (not going to get into it all here). It was not the same, but similar issues, including swelling and a long delay in the operation in my case. It took me longer afterward in physical therapy in part because the associated muscle hadn't been used for so long.

I hope Brock is ready to go first thing next season. But I nearly posted before that you don't want to push things too much.

The surgeon and I discussed it previously, but in our last appointment prior to the operation, we talked about the recovery and physical therapy. I have a lot of experience running and lifting, and am familiar with how to do it -- gradually in a step like manner in both, gradually increasing amounts week to week, and month to month, and resting, and such. Also, it takes connective tissue longer to adjust. You go gradually, because your muscles gain strength faster than the connective tissue. You risk injury if you do what your muscles are capable of but the connective tissue isn't prepared for yet. You risk having to start over at square one.

His response was simply "you need to let it heal." It was everything I said and more. In my case, it also had to be reattached to the bone.

Feel your pain, I just had rotator cuff repair for a complete tear on Oct 3rd, still healing up. Graduated from therapy after over 30 sessions a few weeks ago, back in the gym now with limitations. Absolutely right, step by step.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA

Shoulders are the worst. I had a torn capsule in high school from pitching. Did rehab for 2 years before I finally had surgery on it, was in a sling for a month and 2 more months of rehab after that. That was 25ish years ago at this point. Now I get cortisone shots in my shoulder every few months so I can sleep at night.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Was Brock Purdy’s Emergence Predictable?

Paywall story from the athletic, but take home message was that BCB scored in the 90th percentile for a test on how fast your brain processes info. Apparently anything above 80th percentile is considered elite.

Also, kind of cool they mentioned that they have found baseball players process images incredibly quick.

Reactions: ironsam

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Was Brock Purdy’s Emergence Predictable?

Paywall story from the athletic, but take home message was that BCB scored in the 90th percentile for a test on how fast your brain processes info. Apparently anything above 80th percentile is considered elite.

Also, kind of cool they mentioned that they have found baseball players process images incredibly quick.
So he likely got the ability from his dad...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron