49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
He's going to have a **** ton of media requests in the off-season. Endorsement deals, etc. His agent is going to be very busy.

And I love all of it for him.
I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the QBs featured on the Netflix Quarterback series. How awesome would that be?

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Kittle and Williams were AP All-Pro this year.
The haters are doing this to discredit Purdy. There are at least 4 teams with better receiver tandem than Niners. Lions, Eagles, Cowboys, and Dolphins have better receiver tandem than Niners. Lions also have running back tandem that rushed for 500 more yards than McCaffrey. Also, Lions TE LaPorta only has about 100 less receiving yard than Kittle.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
I expect Lamar to win MVP but Brock or CMC were the most deserving in the regular season.
Jackson didn’t have MVP season this year. The media wanted anyone but Purdy for MVP. It was Hurts, then Dak, then Tyreek Hill, then McCaffrey. They were bringing up different player every week and finally Purdy had a bad game and the other player played well. The player was Lamar Jackson

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Jackson didn’t have MVP season this year. The media wanted anyone but Purdy for MVP. It was Hurts, then Dak, then Tyreek Hill, then McCaffrey. They were bringing up different player every week and finally Purdy had a bad game and the other player played well. The player was Lamar Jackson
Nobody but Brock had an MVP caliber season?

Fall Creek

Oct 28, 2023
The haters are doing this to discredit Purdy. There are at least 4 teams with better receiver tandem than Niners. Lions, Eagles, Cowboys, and Dolphins have better receiver tandem than Niners. Lions also have running back tandem that rushed for 500 more yards than McCaffrey. Also, Lions TE LaPorta only has about 100 less receiving yard than Kittle.
There are Purdy haters, no doubt. But the fact remains that he has excellent players to work with on offense along with a great defense. That's why they beat a pretty decent Lions team after a bad first half, total team effort.

Pizzapitter

sopsycho
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2020
Brock_STAR "Lamar Jackson" Purdy. For this game anyway.

He used his legs and won the game. Pretty good passing too with the exception of 1 pass where his arm and hand got hit.
Kinda reminds me of ISU coached Brock, post freshman season.
Running was discouraged. Understandable.
Same has applied with SF.
What we saw tonight? The BCB ISU version of, tuck it and run, when available.
Brock will never be the likes of Mahomes, Jackson or JA, but damn...he can run when needed.

SanDiego49er

Oct 2, 2023
Kinda reminds me of ISU coached Brock, post freshman season.
Running was discouraged. Understandable.
Same has applied with SF.
What we saw tonight? The BCB ISU version of, tuck it and run, when available.
Brock will never be the likes of Mahomes, Jackson or JA, but damn...he can run when needed.
Run when needed. Like NFC Championship and Super Bowl. He's underrated for athleticism, running ability and creating off schedule. While not the fastest in the world he can create on his own running and put pressure on a defense. Now is the time to do it. They just try to keep him healthy all year long. But in the big games it's time to do it.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Seriously is there other avid Chiefs fans out there? I have no idea how to feel about this game. I’ve bled red and yellow/cardinal and gold for ISU and KC my whole life. For those who haven’t been to Arrowhead it’s very much like JTS, very inviting people and great tailgating. My son and I got to meet Brock after the TCU game of Senior night and got his autograph and picture, he was so cool to talk to for a couple minutes. I cannot see myself rooting against the Chiefs, that’s like rooting against Iowa State but I can’t root against Brock either. This is so painful.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
There are Purdy haters, no doubt. But the fact remains that he has excellent players to work with on offense along with a great defense. That's why they beat a pretty decent Lions team after a bad first half, total team effort.
The fact also remains he has led them back two weeks in a row now in come from behind wins. That is not a one off, it's a trend.

SanDiego49er

Oct 2, 2023
Seriously is there other avid Chiefs fans out there? I have no idea how to feel about this game. I’ve bled red and yellow/cardinal and gold for ISU and KC my whole life. For those who haven’t been to Arrowhead it’s very much like JTS, very inviting people and great tailgating. My son and I got to meet Brock after the TCU game of Senior night and got his autograph and picture, he was so cool to talk to for a couple minutes. I cannot see myself rooting against the Chiefs, that’s like rooting against Iowa State but I can’t root against Brock either. This is so painful.
Root for Brock_STAR.

:)

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I am a Panthers fan, so have seen them lose the two Super Bowls they have played in. I would never cheer against my team, BUT I feel it also matters if your team has won a Super Bowl already too. For me if my Panthers had won two Super Bowls, it would be a lot easier to deal with it if Carolina lost in the Super Bowl in a situation like you Chiefs fans have with Brock here. You have seen two Super Bowl wins in the last few years already.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
I am a Panthers fan, so have seen them lose the two Super Bowls they have played in. I would never cheer against my team, BUT I feel it also matters if your team has won a Super Bowl already too. For me if my Panthers had won two Super Bowls, it would be a lot easier to deal with it if Carolina lost in the Super Bowl in a situation like you Chiefs fans have with Brock here. You have seen two Super Bowl wins in the last few years already.
We haven’t suffered like some fans of franchises but the 1990’s and 2000’s were brutal, so many years the Chiefs were a top seed and got the first round bye only to fall on their face. I remember sitting at a game that Jim Harbaugh and the Colts beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead, everyone had them in the Super Bowl. And Joe Montana getting knocked out of the AFC championship game in Buffalo. This is a bit of redemption for the agony of the years of suffering in the post season!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
As someone living out of state/out of the region, all of you in Hawkeye media country need to trust that Brock Purdy/49ers/Superbowl is the biggest story in sports the next two weeks nationwide.

When local hacks try to spin it otherwise, and they will, they're acting in bad faith.

SanDiego49er

Oct 2, 2023
As someone living out of state/out of the region, all of you in Hawkeye media country need to trust that Brock Purdy/49ers/Superbowl is the biggest story in sports the next two weeks nationwide.

When local hacks try to spin it otherwise, and they will, they're acting in bad faith.
You got George Kittle too. Hawkeye's and Cyclone's both.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Nobody but Brock had an MVP caliber season?
I have no problem Dak winning the MVP. He led the league in completion percentage, TD passes, and second in passing yard. I also have no problem with Josh Allen winning. He led the league in total TD and passed over 4000 yard with good amount rushing yard

Help Support Us

Become a patron