5/5 Quick Afternoon Update

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
5/5 Quick Afternoon Update
Jeremy
CycloneFanatic.com

Shawn Taggart will make his transfer to the University of Memphis official later today.  Taggart was heavily recruited by Memphis in 2004 before deciding on Iowa State.  Taggart will sit out a year and then try to compete for minutes against one of the best rosters in college basketball.

According to an unconfirmed source, the story of Leon Shade having only given money once in the 1980's may not be completely accurate.  According to the source, Leon gave money to Iowa State in the 1990's under his own name as well as under the name "Best Western Regency Inn, c/o Patricia and Leon Shade".  This has not been confirmed with the university as of yet but would add another layer of complexity to the issue at hand.  While nobody believes anything improper took place, this does add an angle that may force a NCAA administered investigation if true.

Note:
The site may go down here and there tonight and tomorrow night as I attempt to make some upgrades and coding changes on the back end.  I hope to have the impact minimal and timed during the slowest times on the site.  I do not expect much major news during the potential time periods and will not take the site down if anything big happens.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Does the name Shade just seem so coincidental for these kinds of dealings.

Wouldn't be ironic if a Hawkeye ticket holder caused booster problems for ISU with the NCAA. It will give me further reason to dislike EIU

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Giving me further reason to hate EIU is like throwing a cup of water into the ocean.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
I wish Taggart good luck, but I think he threw away any shot at the NBA, he won't star at Memphis or get the skills necessary to do so like he would have from McD.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
He's not going to pan out anywhere unless he figures out how to put his damn but into someone and box out.

I'm also curious as to why I saw our 6-11 center dunk maybe a handful of times this year. I honestly think the talent is there but he just doesn't have the work ethic to get it done.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron