5 seed vs Nebraska 1st round

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
First round games are on local cable in K.C. if you have mediacom mediacom 22 will probably air the game.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
  1. isualum
    The Iowa State women will kick off the Big 12 tourney Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. There will NOT be a pregame spirit party for the first game.
isualum
The ISU men will kick off the tourney Wed. at 2 p.m. If WBB advances, there will be a JOINT spirit party. If not, rally at KC Live stage.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
I'll be that guy.....Is the game on T.V.???

No, opening round (Tuesday games) not on TV in Iowa. If you have Metro Sports in KC you can watch the game.

Tuesday games:
#8 Kansas vs. # 9 Colorado
#5 ISU vs # 12 Nebraska
#7 TX vs #10 Missouri
#6 TTU vs #11 Ok. State

Wednesday games:
8/9 winner vs # 1 Baylor
5/12 winner vs #4 K-State
7/10 winner vs #2 TAMU
6/11 winner vs #3 OU

Last edited:

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
  1. isualum
    The Iowa State women will kick off the Big 12 tourney Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. There will NOT be a pregame spirit party for the first game.
isualum
The ISU men will kick off the tourney Wed. at 2 p.m. If WBB advances, there will be a JOINT spirit party. If not, rally at KC Live stage.

I was disappointed when I saw this. Did they not plan on a game on Tuesday? Is a first round game not important enough? "Instead, spirit items will be distributed to Cyclone fans at the Municipal Auditorium north doors at 10:45 a.m" It's too early for the bar, anyway. But, there's likely to be beer at the game, just in case.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne

swiacyfan

Mar 2, 2009
time to break out the gold jerseys!! remember that amazing overtime win we had against kstate!!!! were gonna need them to help us!!

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I was disappointed when I saw this. Did they not plan on a game on Tuesday? Is a first round game not important enough? "Instead, spirit items will be distributed to Cyclone fans at the Municipal Auditorium north doors at 10:45 a.m" It's too early for the bar, anyway. But, there's likely to be beer at the game, just in case.

I beg to differ with you on one thing. WHAT do you mean its too early for the bar????

Anyone can see my take on the tourney in my latest Twister Sister post. Key - ISU offense has to show up. Otherwise anyone can beat us.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
The first round games have a "watch game" link, so I'm pretty sure I am right that there will be free streaming video.

Extensive video coverage of the entire Championship can be found via the Big 12 website at Big12Sports.com. The video available will include first round games, a media round table on Monday, March 7, links to every contest and live postgame press conferences. In addition, exclusive postgame coverage of the Championship trophy ceremony can be found on Saturday, March 12. The broadcast will include the annual showing of the Big 12's basketball highlight video, Live Your Dreams.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
I beg to differ with you on one thing. WHAT do you mean its too early for the bar????

Anyone can see my take on the tourney in my latest Twister Sister post. Key - ISU offense has to show up. Otherwise anyone can beat us.

My iron stomach is becoming more delicate. It's got to be five o'clock somewhere for me. To make things worse, Wednesday is Ash Wednesday, so even if we do have a full-service rally, I'll abstain. I'm working on an appropriate Fat Tuesday evening dinner. I've thinking Gate's BBQ, but I'm open to something more original.

Cysister

Mar 18, 2008
Dubuque, IA
That was one of the best games ever in the tournament. Kstate was the #1 seed but lost their star player in the first half due to a knee injury. I am not as scared about Kstate this year. We have to be making shots. We have already beat them twice this year.