~57 days to the Spring game!~

~57 days to the Spring game!~ going to attend?

• Yes I'll be there

Votes: 101 82.1%
  • No, I'll pass

Votes: 22 17.9%

• Total voters

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
It is free right? I've never been and will miss this one too. New baby due April 1st. (My wife won't let me name him Cy.) Too little to take to a game.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Is it going to be an actual game again? I might go if that's the case.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I put No, thank you, but really meant No, damn it!

I leave for Amsterdam that day at 3:00 for a 2 week school trip. I am giving Ripvdub a pass and not making him take me to the airport so that he can go! Friday night he needs to make sure that he makes it up to me! Favorite restaurant and a bottle of Moscato de Asti!

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I assume we'll be on the west side this year, due to east side renovations? We've been going for a long time now (it seems), but it's been awhile since the west side was open. Didn't the spring game used to cost $1 or a can of food or something? With the crummy economy and a lot of people struggling, maybe some of us could do a "spring game food drive"?

Spring game related, Nebraska is selling reserved seats this year, and will likely sell 80,000+...

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I assume we'll be on the west side this year, due to east side renovations? We've been going for a long time now (it seems), but it's been awhile since the west side was open. Didn't the spring game used to cost $1 or a can of food or something? With the crummy economy and a lot of people struggling, maybe some of us could do a "spring game food drive"?

Spring game related, Nebraska is selling reserved seats this year, and will likely sell 80,000+...

I really don't think the Spring Game is promoted well enough to ISU students or the public.
I think if they made a bigger deal of it, (like including a charity drive component) it could become a better tradition at ISU. Pump it up and make it an awesome night game under the lights or something.

Heck, it is the best chance for ISU to win a game every year! :jimlad:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

Spring game related, Nebraska is selling reserved seats this year, and will likely sell 80,000+...[/quote]

Let em. Personally, I'm fine with the fact that most ISU fans have something else in their life other than ISU football. I don't want us to ever be like Nebraska. Obviously I want us to have that success, and pack the house every week, but they have a serious imbalance of priorities in that state, imo. Football isn't even fun for them anymore. It's serious. Like going to church or something. I like the party atmosphere of Ames, and the generally level-headed mindset of our fans.

Reactions: CyForPresident

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Do people actually go to this? Let alone tailgating? Just wondering, I've never been.

Oh yeah, you have to go! It is tailgating in the Spring..... great opportunity to get buzzed up in Ames. Also, haveing unrealistic discussions about the season:

Talking about if we do start out 4-0... we could have a miracle run and maybe get to 9 wins....

drinking continues.....

Talk about teams in conference that might be up or down at a particular point in the season....

more drinking...

Bringing the talk down a bit and realistically talk about 4-5 wins as the possibility....

shots.....

Back up to an 8 win season..... see ya in Tempe for the Insight Bowl-

Yeah.... good times.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I forget, can anyone tailgate on the cement for this?

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
Where is the "Would if I could" option. I'm not going to be there but "I'll pass" just doesnt seem to fit.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
well at least the few that are here but most frosh wont be, only jucos. sims and ???? drawing a blank

spears

Looking forward to seeing the early sets of Herman's offense and Wally's D. Mostly just looking to get my football fix 'til August

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Why is there an ad for CornHole2 at the bottom. Im afraid to click on it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron