***#6 Iowa State at Collegiate Duals (Dec. 19-20)***

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
It will be super cool if we end up running into PSU.
Since Cael left, I've always wanted to see PSU on our schedule. Maybe if we make it a competitive dual, Dresser and Cael can work something out. Would be fun to see ISU/PSU in Hilton.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
It will be super cool if we end up running into PSU.
Since Cael left, I've always wanted to see PSU on our schedule. Maybe if we make it a competitive dual, Dresser and Cael can work something out. Would be fun to see ISU/PSU in Hilton.
That was supposed to happen Covid year IIRC. A home and home was going to happen with ISU on the road first then Cael returning the favor.

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
That was supposed to happen Covid year IIRC. A home and home was going to happen with ISU on the road first then Cael returning the favor.
That does ring a bell, now that you mention it.
Here's hoping they give it another go.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
That does ring a bell, now that you mention it.
Here's hoping they give it another go.
For some reason I think the Big Ten said they could only wrestle conference foes, so the dual was scrapped, but don't quote me, I'm old.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
App State beat North Carolina tonight, 19-16, in Chapel Hill.

125: Caleb Smith (APP) over Jack Wagner (UNC) (Fall 2:40)
133: Sean Carter (APP) over Joseph Melendez (UNC) (Dec 8-4)
141: Lachlan McNeil (UNC) over Heath Gonyer (APP) (MD 14-5)
149: Jonathan Millner (APP) over Danny Nini (UNC) (MD 11-2)
157: Austin O`Connor (UNC) over Tommy Askey (APP) (Dec 9-4)
165: William Formato (APP) over Joseph Mazzara (UNC) (Dec 10-6)
174: Will Miller (APP) over Clay Lautt (UNC) (Dec 7-5)
184: Gavin Kane (UNC) over Lucas Uliano (APP) (Dec 8-6)
197: Max Shaw (UNC) over Carson Floyd (APP) (Dec 6-2)
285: Brandon Whitman (UNC) over Mason Fiscella (APP) (Dec 3-2)

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
For some reason I think the Big Ten said they could only wrestle conference foes, so the dual was scrapped, but don't quote me, I'm old.
Isn't that what started the whole Tom & Jerry complaining that they had to come to Hilton twice in a row as well?

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Isn't that what started the whole Tom & Jerry complaining that they had to come to Hilton twice in a row as well?
Yeah.. big brain isn't their suit. Like we were going to give them any consideration when it was their own conference's fault for not letting us roll with them.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

I am very excited for the collegiate duals. Iowa State continues to impress this year. They will have a tough match vs Cornell but their potential match vs Penn State would be awesome.
How does everybody think a dual vs Penn State plays out? Which individual match up is the most intriguing to you?

Appreciate the video.

One thing…Iowa State will be going with Corey Cabanban at 125. Terukina is banged up and is said to be out until the new year. Cabanban and Terukina wrestle each other pretty tight in the room, from what I understand.

Like you, I also hope Yianni wrestles. Paniro has beaten Austin Gomez (handily) and Max Murin already. Yianni is great, but if he’s not 100%, don’t count PJ out there.

I feel like you’re giving Swiderski a good amount of respect here, but I’m not sure enough. Kid is a dawg. He does have a BS loss to Real Woods. Woods won due to a horrible stall call and a 2nd period parallel ride. Swiderski had the only takedown in the match, had more shots and lost.

I really hope Iowa State gets past Cornell, for obvious reasons, but maybe the biggest is to see Bastida/Dean.

Again…nice video. Thanks for stopping by.

Last edited:

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I see in Jesse’s preview he mentions Loew, but he also has Terukina listed.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Intermat's commentary on some of the matchups tomorrow.

Good stuff. I am excited to see Swiderski face some stiff competition, and there is opportunity for guys at basically each weight.

Excited to see the guys at 133 face some higher ranked opponents, and 125 and 157 have very winnable matches.

Reactions: matclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Good stuff. I am excited to see Swiderski face some stiff competition, and there is opportunity for guys at basically each weight.

Excited to see the guys at 133 face some higher ranked opponents, and 125 and 157 have very winnable matches.
25 and 57 are very important vs Cornell

• Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

JessesWrestlingShow

Oct 29, 2022
Appreciate the video.

One thing…Iowa State will be going with Corey Cabanban at 125. Terukina is banged up and is said to be out until the new year. Cabanban and Terukina wrestle each other pretty tight in the room, from what I understand.

Like you, I also hope Yianni wrestles. Paniro has beaten Austin Gomez (handily) and Max Murin already. Yianni is great, but if he’s not 100%, don’t count PJ out there.

I feel like you’re giving Swiderski a good amount of respect here, but I’m not sure enough. Kid is a dawg. He does have a BS loss to Real Woods. Woods won due to a horrible stall call and a 2nd period parallel ride. Swiderski had the only takedown in the match, had more shots and lost.

I really hope Iowa State gets past Cornell, for obvious reasons, but maybe the biggest is to see Bastida/Dean.

Again…nice video. Thanks for stopping by.
Thank you. I had put this video out before probables were released by the teams just do to timing so I knew we might not see Terukina since he didn't wrestle vs Iowa but just put him in there just in case recovery was better than originally expected. Probably should have mentioned that in the video.
I am high on Swiderski, the way Real Woods won that match will be hard to duplicate in the future, you can't count on a stall call and a ride out everytime to win.
If Yonger Bastida didn't have to always choose netrual he would be my pick right now to win a national title. Basically starting every match down by 1 makes me nervous against the top guys. I think he will get a takedown on Dean, Dean can give up takedowns, but if Dean gets on top even one time it could be trouble.
Should be a fun event!!