6 Tickets for Non-conference Sec 235

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It just strikes me as odd that JP thinks that he can extort the people that have donated 10-15 years at the Gold and Captain's Level by telling them you have to essentially double your donation or you will be moved to the balcony baseline. When many of those people have essentially donated between 10k-25k over the last 10 years. But asking people to donate $100 to the Cyclone Club that are already paying a discounted rate of $199 for season tickets compared to the normal $325 is considered cold-hearted. Like I said the proof is right there on Stubhub. Nearly 50% of the tickets on Stubhub come from the non-donor areas. Those people in the non-donor areas pay approximately $11 per ticket for every game this season. Many of those people will be making $600-$800 in profit by selling their tickets this year.

I expect all seats to require donations in the future. It is easy for the AD to identify the scalpers, but so far nothing has been done. Requiring a donation will probably help some.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I expect all seats to require donations in the future. It is easy for the AD to identify the scalpers, but so far nothing has been done. Requiring a donation will probably help some.

I'd expect that the corners require $100 donation next year. That doesn't seem out of line at all, and maybe shuts out a scalper or two somewhere from their valuable service.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009

I think the AD has to balance too many sales to scalpers vs wanting every seat sold. It would be logical to error on the side of allowing a few too many sales to the scalpers. Next Year I hope to purchase another pair of donor seats for a good friend. May not be able to get them if the $5000 donation pushes too many people upstairs. I know $5000 donation is more than we care to donate.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Even if people donate $5,000 there is no guarantee that they will not end up in the balcony. That is why there should have been a compete re-seating rather then this piece meal plan.

CyHawk7

Aug 14, 2013
Even if people donate $5,000 there is no guarantee that they will not end up in the balcony. That is why there should have been a compete re-seating rather then this piece meal plan.

Is there really enough $5000+ donors to surpass the the lower level availability?

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Selling 6 tickets for the non-conference home schedule. Sec 235 row 17. Includes 7 games plus 1 exhibition. $200/Ticket. PM if you're interested.

You can get way more out of them if you sell them individually on Craigslist.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
I think the AD has to balance too many sales to scalpers vs wanting every seat sold. It would be logical to error on the side of allowing a few too many sales to the scalpers. Next Year I hope to purchase another pair of donor seats for a good friend. May not be able to get them if the $5000 donation pushes too many people upstairs. I know $5000 donation is more than we care to donate.

Selling every seat isn't an issue anymore. We should sell every seat via ebay style auction to fully get the value. Start with season tickets to start the auction ( you could restrict areas by donor level still) and then proceed to single game auctions. This will fully sell every seat and maximizero the ability of the ad to extract full value. If a game seat isn't attractive seats will go cheap but they will get sold. Scalpers are taking money away from the AD and they are leaVing that money on the table.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
For all the complaining, I am guessing the number of tickets actually being scalped is minimal (less than 5%? 10%?). If they do decide to re-seat Hilton, I would hope they at least give everyone a chance to keep their current seats with the new levels (or however they do it).

CyHawk7

Aug 14, 2013
For all the complaining, I am guessing the number of tickets actually being scalped is minimal (less than 5%? 10%?). If they do decide to re-seat Hilton, I would hope they at least give everyone a chance to keep their current seats with the new levels (or however they do it).

Isn't that what they're doing this year?

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Point is someone can sell their $8 a seat corner seat for 15x face value for marquee games and 3x for crap games. I paid a person the full season ticket cost for one game last year for a ticket. I would rather have the AD make that money than some fans. I feel for ticket holders that have a sweet deal but the market is going to force more and more to sell. I'd just rather see that money that Fred generated go to pay for his post NC championship salary or our new luxury dorms etc. And not some lucky fans who bought in at the right time.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Point is someone can sell their $8 a seat corner seat for 15x face value for marquee games and 3x for crap games. I paid a person the full season ticket cost for one game last year for a ticket. I would rather have the AD make that money than some fans. I feel for ticket holders that have a sweet deal but the market is going to force more and more to sell. I'd just rather see that money that Fred generated go to pay for his post NC championship salary or our new luxury dorms etc. And not some lucky fans who bought in at the right time.
Exactly. That is money that could be pumped back into the program. Obviously JP needs to know the elasticity before any increase is made, but increases need to happen, as well as some variable pricing IMO.

clonebeef

Oct 17, 2012
The owner of these tickets is offering them to cyclone fans. Praise them for it. If you don't like the price don't buy them. If you do like the price buy them or sell yours!!