80/35 Music Festival Rumors?

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
would love to see The Einhorns, Slick September, or Pencap Nightmare

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I know Fun. was at ISU a few years back and no one was too excited about it, however, I'm really enjoying their new album and I think they would be fun to see. Sleigh Bells would be pretty awesome.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I've heard Avett Brothers being rumored as one of the headliners this year. I'm not a massive fan of theirs, but I would definitely like to see them live, and that would be an exciting headliner to me.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I've heard Avett Brothers being rumored as one of the headliners this year. I'm not a massive fan of theirs, but I would definitely like to see them live, and that would be an exciting headliner to me.

Oh please please please let this be true.
I just saw them Wed night in Iowa City. Great as always.

C

CyBer

DJ Headliners are awesome. Big Outdoor Dance Party! Deadmau5 would be sick.

DJ Headliners suck, worst decision ever to bring in girl talk last year. I probably would have gone to it if it wasn't girl talk.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

This was just from a guy at a bar the other day, so take it with a huge grain of salt, but he claimed to have a friend on the committee.

He mentioned someone else pretty good as the other headliner and I can't remember who it was for the life of me. I remember thinking that the other headliner was pretty good and not too hipster-ish.

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008

I saw the Avett Brothers for the first time on Wednesday, and they were great. They put on a heck of a show. They even started on time, don't think I have ever seen that before.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
A message from 80/35's facebook page was posted last night. All it said was that offers have been sent out to the bands they want to get. No hints or anything as to who they're trying to land. I'm holding out hope for the Head and the Heart. I'd probably be on board with the Avett Brothers, though.