Misc: 9-year-old signs six-figure NIL deal

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I searched to see if this was shared but I didn't see it searching for NIL signing or Snoop. Just the beginning...Snoop retirement plan

"A 9-year-old from Snoop Dogg’s Youth Football League has landed a six-figure name, image and likeness (NIL) deal with a sports agency, becoming the first person from the youth league to do so at such a young age."

Didn't know what forum to choose either, but assuming since it's a paid athlete, this is a pro sports topic right?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Good for that kid and family.
Exactly. This isn't much different than the kid from Ryan's Toy Review, making millions of dollars as a 7 year old from his YouTube channel. You offer something that someone is willing to pay for. That's the way it works.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneG

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Exactly. This isn't much different than the kid from Ryan's Toy Review, making millions of dollars as a 7 year old from his YouTube channel. You offer something that someone is willing to pay for. That's the way it works.

I'd also compare it to child actors. Daniel Radcliffe was making millions as a minor and no one was complaining.

Reactions: Mr Janny

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I'd also compare it to child actors. Daniel Radcliffe was making millions as a minor and no one was complaining.
I guess my feeling is that these kids have no chance of living a "normal" life. Someone will push these kids to nonstop work. It's one thing if this money was to help kids realize dreams without compromising a life that other kids enjoy. But you all that support this are right, get what you want, and hopefully the kids see the joy in life with all this money.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I guess my feeling is that these kids have no chance of living a "normal" life. Someone will push these kids to nonstop work. It's one thing if this money was to help kids realize dreams without compromising a life that other kids enjoy. But you all that support this are right, get what you want, and hopefully the kids see the joy in life with all this money.

The talented or fortunate in our society rarely do.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I somewhat agree with this. I think you'll see an increase of overzealous parents trying to recreate this and burning out kids.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Like influencers. I used to think it was ridiculous and then it dawned on me that I'd love to tell someone I made millions from filming myself doing stuff.

'But that's not hard work!'.

And?

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
No hate for getting that deal, but whats a 9 year old gonna do thats equivalent to 6 figures? Like what value is he providing to that company?

NIL is strange stuff

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron