A new tobacco free generation

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
It’s an interesting take on a ban. Not quite prohibition since you’re not taking it away from anyone, they just can’t start buying it when they turn 18.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Who does? Does anyone ever really look back and say "I'm glad I picked that up"?
Truth. But there was a long time that I didn't want to quit. I knew I should, but I didn't want to. It was different than addiction, although that was there, too.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
My dad is a smoker, so yes I grew up with it. I have 2 daughters and they hate my chewing. Hopefully they dont start tobacco. But I can't control everything they do. They are both under 10 btw.

My mom, dad, both sisters and myself all smoked for varying numbers of years. We all were able to quit with seemingly no health issues except for one sister who was diagnosed with cancer last week. Tobacco is a mother ******.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Have you seen the trends? This is the worst idea I’ve ever heard. You would bring in a whole new generation of tobacco users by making it illegal. Why do people want to change what is working? It makes no sense.

Reactions: BigTurk

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Was watching a show the other day where they went to a restaurant and were asked smoking/no smoking, caught me off guard just how old it made it feel.

My grandpa just told me the other day that when he was younger the husbands used to sit in the waiting area of the birthing wing of the hospital and smoke cigarettes while their wives gave birth.

Sometimes change is a good thing!

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Have you seen the trends? This is the worst idea I’ve ever heard. You would bring in a whole new generation of tobacco users by making it illegal. Why do people want to change what is working? It makes no sense.

So you’re saying more people would start smoking if it was banned than if it wasn’t? Not buying it.

• Agree
Reactions: dosry5

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
So you’re saying more people would start smoking if it was banned than if it wasn’t? Not buying it.
No I said a whole new generation of smokers would be the result. The youth smoking rate is at a historic low and you think we should change what’s been working.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I tend to agree. Youth smoking is at an all time low and continues to drop. The propaganda campaign is working. Tobacco is dying, and dying rapidly, but it will never truly go away, regardless of what the law says.

This proposed idea feels like kicking a hornet's nest that you already doused with RAID. Not needed. You already won the fight, but the hornets might not know it yet, and some of them might still have the strength to try to sting you. So don't touch it. Just keep spraying RAID like you have been

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Only real 'experience' I had with cig smoking was the total cliche: middle school, down below the town railroad bridge, group of buddies and iirc...one cigarette?

They made fun of me because I held it out in my hand to light it instead of inhaling simultaneously.

Never smoked and to the day I never saw it as a bad thing that I didn't know how to light a cig.

Lost two family members to lung cancer and a grandpa earlier than needed not due to cancer but what smoking contributed to.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Well yes, but if you want to enact laws on this or that, someone else always has a differing opinion. If you wish to have your freedoms taken away perhaps become a communist or emigrate to a communist country?

I know right, just like the damn commies took our rights to use asbestos and lead paint.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I tend to agree. Youth smoking is at an all time low and continues to drop. The propaganda campaign is working. Tobacco is dying, and dying rapidly, but it will never truly go away, regardless of what the law says.

This proposed idea feels like kicking a hornet's nest that you already doused with RAID. Not needed. You already won the fight, but the hornets might not know it yet, and some of them might still have the strength to try to sting you. So don't touch it. Just keep spraying RAID like you have been
Is it at a low if you include juuls?

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
No I said a whole new generation of smokers would be the result. The youth smoking rate is at a historic low and you think we should change what’s been working.

No I think we should add to what we’ve been doing.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
I find it hypocritical to ban something that an entire generation got to experience, but another generation never got a chance to try Perhaps they should do the same thing with pot....:oops:

• Dumb
Reactions: baller21

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
And that is the issue as well again if I can go die for the country I should be able to smoke a cigar drinking a whiskey before hand.

Do you also advocate for legalizing heroine? Because I choose a shitload of heroine before I’m sent to die.