A new tobacco free generation

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I find it hypocritical to ban something that an entire generation got to experience, but another generation never got a chance to try Perhaps they should do the same thing with pot....:oops:

The 1980s has entered the chat.

I believe cocaine was legal at one point so...open it up?

Reactions: I@ST1

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
I'm 100% in favor of this. Having been afflicted myself, here's the difference I see between tobacco and pretty much everything else. Tobacco is the only drug that has zero benefit. It doesn't get you high or buzzed. It doesn't reduce pain. It doesn't do anything other than make you want more tobacco.

I'm not advocating for other drugs, but tobacco makes no sense. Everyone knows what it does to them, but that doesn't stop anyone. There's a reason the tobacco companies are willing to pay for stop smoking ads. It doesn't matter.
I mean I can go months to a year plus between a nice cigar.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

A new ordinance in Brookline, Mass. ties being able to buy tobacco to birth date, not to age. Anyone born after January 1, 2000, cannot legally buy tobacco or vaping products.

I’m 100% in favor of adopting this nation wide.

Simply put, it's none of your business what others choose to do. This is no different than banning donuts because if you don't like seeing obese people (and that type of thing will be next, by the way).

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Simply put, it's none of your business what others choose to do. This is no different than banning donuts because if you don't like seeing obese people (and that type of thing will be next, by the way).

It will all be next.

The person who authored this clerked under Richard Posner who has stated that he see's no value in studying the constitution and thinks when hearing a case the first thing is for the judge to ignore the law.

Now I don't know if she subscribes to his beliefs, but I find it funny how those who are inclined to ignore current law always want to write more.

I've never smoked anything in my life. But I'm under no illusion I have the right to tell those who want to smoke a cig or two they can't. Be careful what you wish for.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver

A new ordinance in Brookline, Mass. ties being able to buy tobacco to birth date, not to age. Anyone born after January 1, 2000, cannot legally buy tobacco or vaping products.

A good cigar every once in a while, is legit

• Winner
Reactions: motorcy90

baller21

Mar 15, 2009

There are plenty of laws on the books that make living in a society better and are supported by the majority. Should we repeal all of them because the minority wants to?

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA

LOL

Banning will only lead to a thriving underground market.

And lets be honest, people love having things that are taboo or illegal.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
LOL the rise of phone based instant betting isn't putting that genie back in the bottle. Any way I like those Caesar's ads they are pretty funny.

I had no idea that was Halle Berry in those ads...she gets my full attention during those ads but I had no clue that was her until I heard it on the radio this past weekend.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
LOL

Banning will only lead to a thriving underground market.

And lets be honest, people love having things that are taboo or illegal.
If I am reading this right then its just a tobacco ban, not nicotine correct? Vaping wouldn't be changed at all and that is what a lot of younger people are drawn to.

Personally I would love a sugar tax but that is because it is a massive issue to treat morbidly obese people.

To answer a withdrawal/addiction question earlier while it can be a huge pain to quit nicotine it can be deadly to quit alcohol cold turkey.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
ivfl8p9hnri41.jpg

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
If I am reading this right then its just a tobacco ban, not nicotine correct? Vaping wouldn't be changed at all and that is what a lot of younger people are drawn to.

Personally I would love a sugar tax but that is because it is a massive issue to treat morbidly obese people.

To answer a withdrawal/addiction question earlier while it can be a huge pain to quit nicotine it can be deadly to quit alcohol cold turkey.

Good question. It says tobacco sales but I was assuming it included vaping too.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I've never smoked anything in my life. But I'm under no illusion I have the right to tell those who want to smoke a cig or two they can't. Be careful what you wish for.

God forbid we deny our children and grandchildren the unalienable right to nicotine stained teeth and a nagging smokers cough.

• Dumb
Reactions: I@ST1