A team to fear in the playoffs

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
All I can say is "wow". I don't understand the media's sudden love affair with Minnesota. They played a Bears defense that has been sub-par all year and struggled mightily to put up 20 points. That's not something that "scares" me if I were a team having to face them in the playoffs. I can agree that there's probably not any other teams besides the Big 2 that I would fear in the NFC either...

Its not so much the Bears game (though they did overcome a -3 turnover differential, not often done).

Its their last 4 games, with or without the best rookie in the league they've been tearing it up. Momentum is everything this time of year. Just ask the Lions.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Tampa has been "tearing it up" recently too. Both the Vikes and Bucs have not played a tough schedule recently - affording them some wins. I think the big reason people are talking about the Vikes and not the Bucs is because of Adrian Peterson.

Neither team has a win over one of the very good teams. Both have played some them, but not a single win over them.

I "fear" both teams equally. Two teams with less talent than GB or Dallas - but on a roll with some wins.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Its not so much the Bears game (though they did overcome a -3 turnover differential, not often done).

Its their last 4 games, with or without the best rookie in the league they've been tearing it up. Momentum is everything this time of year. Just ask the Lions.

I am a Lions fan. You should never ask them about anything related to football. They will fail.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
The Jaguars are good because they have a good running game, they don't make mistakes on offense, and they're one of the most physical teams in football. They out-physicaled the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

I think not having Marcus Stroud in the playoffs will hurt them, though. The combination of him and John Henderson, IMO, is the best in the NFL. The only one that I can think of that rivals them is Kevin Williams and Pat Williams.