Above Ground Pools

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I know there are some folks here as trashy as me and rock the above ground pool. I’ve thrown a couple patches (from the pool store) at ours and they’ve held steady.

I just filled it up for the summer and have a leak at the seam. Any tips on sealing this thing up around a seam?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
flex-tape.gif

But seriously that stuff works even with pressurized system. I farmerized some damage with flexseal tape.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
flex-tape.gif

But seriously that stuff works even with pressurized system. I farmerized some damage with flexseal tape.

I’ve got half a roll of this sitting in the garage but I used it on the old pool and it started peeling after a few weeks. Hoping for something a little more permanent.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Oh I’m just as trashy.

I’ve used this product in a couple places in mine. Going on year 5. The seam might need redone or something but maybe you could get a big enough piece to seal it with this. This stuff is great and can be applied underwater which seems insane. Maybe put a piece on the outside and inside? Worse thing might you slow the leak down enough or something and you just put more water in every couple weeks. I mean, that’s just advice from one trashy redneck to another.

1716032806513.jpeg

ackatch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 22, 2021
Waukee
I think Gorilla Tape has some patch stuff that my wife bought for one of our daughters toys that seems to have held up well last summer.

Help Support Us

Become a patron