Additional Redshirt Burned - Windham?

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Don't recall him playing myself and don't recall his name thrown out there in other articles/threads as participating. Saw he had participated in the game stats linked on Cyclones.com

Is this accurate or an error? If accurate, I find it a little weird. True freshman now playing on the OL - Campos as a RS-Fr came in due to out-of-the ordinary circumstances and unless Windham isn't playing on the OL but in some special teams capacity - I'd question that move as someone else other than an OL could maybe fill that position? Also, beings Gannon has returned, maybe we would have an OL capable of playing a ST position? Maybe with all of the other threads since Saturday night's game I am just over-thinking this.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Hmm, wonder if that's accurate or not. Wouldn't be the first error.

This staff has been REALLY adamant about wanting to get that extra year for the OL guys.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Don't recall him playing myself and don't recall his name thrown out there in other articles/threads as participating. Saw he had participated in the game stats linked on Cyclones.com

Is this accurate or an error? If accurate, I find it a little weird. True freshman now playing on the OL - Campos as a RS-Fr came in due to out-of-the ordinary circumstances and unless Windham isn't playing on the OL but in some special teams capacity - I'd question that move as someone else other than an OL could maybe fill that position? Also, beings Gannon has returned, maybe we would have an OL capable of playing a ST position? Maybe with all of the other threads since Saturday night's game I am just over-thinking this.

Those game stats often will mess up the participant list by including somebody with the same number as somebody else. There isn't another player with #73, but I suspect they saw Taiese #78, or something like that, and thought it was #73.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Towards the end of the game, I vaguely remember the TV announcers mentioning that somebody had to change jerseys, and I thought it was an ISU player. Maybe that player changed into Windham's jersey?

Earlier in the game, Colbert (I think) for BU changed to 99 (freshman DL) because of a torn jersey.

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Towards the end of the game, I vaguely remember the TV announcers mentioning that somebody had to change jerseys, and I thought it was an ISU player. Maybe that player changed into Windham's jersey?

Earlier in the game, Colbert (I think) for BU changed to 99 (freshman DL) because of a torn jersey.

I think Cotton-Moya or Lazard wore #99 for a kickoff (onside maybe?) toward the end of the game. I think they're both on the hands team, and one has to change numbers temporarily. A lot of teams keep a couple extra jerseys on the sideline for when a player from O & D wear the same number and are on the same special teams unit.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Doubt he played. I think he's kind of a project guy for us anyway. Plenty of o-lineman they could have thrown out there for a snap or two if needed.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Yeah, they screw up all the time. I know the ESPN site had all the QB stats for the Baylor game attributed to Sam E. Richardson. Unbelievable.

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
The ESPN crew was a joke - kept calling us Iowa - as if! Chris Fowler thinks we are the Iowa Cyclones as well - he's a dim bulb.