Adidas Bare Breasts Ad - fair or foul?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
This seems like the type of **** you searched as a 10 year old back when the internet was terrible and you just put in boobs on girl

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
There aren't any women looking at that and going, "WOW, I identify, clearly Adidas bras are the bras for me."
I'm sure they focus grouped this before putting it out, so I'm guessing that at least some women will think just that, maybe not consciously necessarily.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
They got anything to fit Kramer?

tumblr_o40elyrcU61tjphnco1_540.jpg

Reactions: VeloClone

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
They knew exactly what sort of attention this would get. Bravo Adidas.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Bras are an important topic for women. And a hated necessity. Why do you think so many of us take them off as soon as we get home?
I will say this for the ad...it is DEFINITELY NOT intentionally sexual, IMO. And most of the women pictured would clearly benefit from a well-fitted sports bra. They've got my attention. Now show me the product.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I certainly did not find it "sexual". The erectile dysfunction ads shown during the 6pm news tonight was more sexual.

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I think it's fine but I'm a dude. What I think about bras doesn't really matter at all. I would like for them to help with something that is such a daily burden for women to have to deal with unnecessarily.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
IDK. I mean, I think breasts should be normalized for things like breastfeeding, etc. But this is clickbait. There aren't any women looking at that and going, "WOW, I identify, clearly Adidas bras are the bras for me."

But if the women wanted to pose for the photos ('cause those look like medical pics), whatever, do what you think works.

That's my thought. No issue with them. Just not sure of the effectiveness. If they were wanting to sell bras (rather than just be edgy), show some with and without photos.

• Agree

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I just hope they follow through and do truly make bras that fit, are comfortable and offer the necessary support to all makes and models of women's bodies. I know Mrs. Velo has a devil of a time finding bras that satisfy all three of those criteria.

It is darn near impossible - every single woman is shaped differently. Different sizes, different lengths from your shoulders, different... hang and length, I guess you'd call it. I think a gigantic portion of the female population even has two different sized breasts on the same frame - how do you get one bra where one size is a B and the other a C or D? If this were addressing that, can they show how they accomplish that?

I had another conversation with a female who shared with me a similar view. Pretty good insight.

You're a good listener. :)

That's my thought. No issue with them. Just not sure of the effectiveness. If they were wanting to sell bras (rather than just be edgy), show some with and without photos.

YES, that's exactly it. I've got zero problem with the ad, it's getting clicks and making people talk about it. So long as every woman consented, have at it. (I don't personally see it as sexual, because those all look like sterile medical shots to me that you see in, like, a before/after mastectomy shot.)

MAYBE a few will go and look at the bras because of it. But if the bras were the actual intention, before/after shots would have done that.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It is darn near impossible - every single woman is shaped differently. Different sizes, different lengths from your shoulders, different... hang and length, I guess you'd call it. I think a gigantic portion of the female population even has two different sized breasts on the same frame - how do you get one bra where one size is a B and the other a C or D? If this were addressing that, can they show how they accomplish that?

You're a good listener. :)

YES, that's exactly it. I've got zero problem with the ad, it's getting clicks and making people talk about it. So long as every woman consented, have at it. (I don't personally see it as sexual, because those all look like sterile medical shots to me that you see in, like, a before/after mastectomy shot.)

MAYBE a few will go and look at the bras because of it. But if the bras were the actual intention, before/after shots would have done that.
Well I did find it fascinating but what the hell else was I gonna say? I don’t have boobs Angie!!

• Friendly

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Well I did find it fascinating but what the hell else was I gonna say? I don’t have boobs Angie!!

No, I was meaning it in earnest! (I realize I'm almost always sarcastic, so that's on me.) You actually are good at hearing.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I saw the campaign this morning and the photos I saw were not sexual in any way. I am sure an 11 yo will get a boner but it is not set up like that at all.

i must be 11

• Haha