AJ for Pro Bowl?

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
Luke Keuchly going down is really giving AJ a great opportunity to cement himself as one of the premier linebackers in the game. Tillman is on sportscenter now saying how good he is getting the D lined up. Luke Keuchly is a great player but having watched both a ton I think AJ is just as good.

Hes a little underrated by Cyclone fans however since most thought Knott was the better player due to growing up in Iowa but Klein was probably the best linebacker in the country his last couple of seasons at ISU. Hope Carolina steps up and gives him a big payday after this season he deserves it awesome kid too.

Hoiball92

Apr 23, 2015
Des Moines
He has 28 tackles and an INT. idk if he's going to be a pro bowler but he's having a pretty good season so far.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
He is not near as good as Luke. stop that.

I was reading up on AJ and it sounds like his run stopping is very good, but is having trouble in the pass defense. Most specifically RB's out of the backfield.

It would be nice to see him get traded from Carolina for when Kuechly comes back.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Luke Keuchly going down is really giving AJ a great opportunity to cement himself as one of the premier linebackers in the game. Tillman is on sportscenter now saying how good he is getting the D lined up. Luke Keuchly is a great player but having watched both a ton I think AJ is just as good.

Hes a little underrated by Cyclone fans however since most thought Knott was the better player due to growing up in Iowa but Klein was probably the best linebacker in the country his last couple of seasons at ISU. Hope Carolina steps up and gives him a big payday after this season he deserves it awesome kid too.

I don't think this is true at all, especially with Knott being injured as much as he was.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames

Knott was considered the leader, but anyone that watched closely saw that Klein was more talented.

Hoiball92

Apr 23, 2015
Des Moines
He is not near as good as Luke. stop that.

I was reading up on AJ and it sounds like his run stopping is very good, but is having trouble in the pass defense. Most specifically RB's out of the backfield.

It would be nice to see him get traded from Carolina for when Kuechly comes back.
On the depth chart it has him playing as Strongside Linebacker not middle linebacker, where Kuechly plays.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/car/formation/4-3-defense

Rather

Jul 21, 2014
Not that I've watched the Panthers play this year, but AK is definitely not just as good as Keuchly, who is the best MLB in the league by a comfortable margin. Glad to hear he's having a good year though.

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
He moved to the middle when Kuechly was out and Shaq Thompson played strongside. Davis is probably the best LB on that team, maybe Kuechly.

All 4 are excellent. TD's early career injuries have probably helped him remain so good now hes older. Thompson is a safety playing LB.

So I hate to say it but Klein likely needed Keuchly to go down to get this type of exposure and opportunity.

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Although Knott had better statistics, I always thought that AJ was a better player than Jake based upon what I watched on the field.

I'm not surprised to see him doing well in the NFL. Wish we still had him around!

Edit:Actually, AJ arguably had better statistics. He had 4 interceptions returned for TD's, which tied an NCAA record.

Last edited:

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Fans seem to forget that Klein was names Big 12 defensive players of the year as a junior. Not 1st team all defense, defensive PLAYER OF THE YEAR.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Not that I've watched the Panthers play this year, but AK is definitely not just as good as Keuchly, who is the best MLB in the league by a comfortable margin. Glad to hear he's having a good year though.
If this is true:
Not that I've watched the Panthers play this year,

Then why should anybody believe this?
but AK is definitely not just as good as Keuchly, who is the best MLB in the league by a comfortable margin.

Now if you are saying this,
but AK is definitely just as good as Keuchly, who is the best MLB in the league by a comfortable margin.
Then I'll forgive you. :jimlad:

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
There's a big reason that without Knott and Klein Rhoads' record is considerably different. Great to see AJ doing so well and I wish him more success.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Edit:Actually, AJ arguably had better statistics. He had 4 interceptions returned for TD's, which tied an NCAA record.

It seemed like Jake had more memorable plays, like the tip in OT against OSU and the tip and pick against Iowa to seal the game. I don't recall much about AJ's pick 6s but I picture them happening in games when the final score was not close and so not as much attention came to them.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Good. Although upon Googling it looks like Luke Kuechly will be back next game (supposedly). Hopefull AJ can play along side him and not be a backup.