Alex Thomsen Underwood

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I know it's just a tad early but does anyone know if he's getting any looks from ISU or any schools in general yet? No clue how early the recruiting process starts with wrestling but seems like a kid a lot of teams would be interested in at this stage. Also wouldn't mind getting opinions on his long term potential from some wrestling minds far greater than mine. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Clone83

RossIAwrestle

Mar 27, 2014
Coaches aren't even allowed to contact this upcoming class until 7/1, they can only receive contact from a recruit.

I would imagine just about everyone should be interested, but he's only completed his freshman year, so it really is a bit early.

Already considered a top 50 prospect as a freshman, he looks like he could be a good one, and this summer's FS circut should help him get more national recognition. I for one was surprised that he didn't really get any for winning presason nationals in a dominating fashion, but that's just me.

Last edited:

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Well, I posted an article or two on Alex during the state tournament. Later I visited his Facebook page, where I know some or many of his friends' parents.

Knowing that he is shooting for the 2020 Olympics, I was especially pleased to see in his profile Iowa State selected as the college he attended. That’s pretty smart, and shows some “long-term potentialâ€￾ right there.
Zzf97L7DlI0ZMfTHvseexQUg0w-i2Tko4t6QPO5XFfdQD5cUDus41tGW12xZB4OPNc3jvKFXGjXU32GRKOVUmA3zGzrrff7vKsA-2qUhkwoBphMFNYdPELoqLBmcvTGCNgleaxU

It no longer shows that, and I wouldn’t read into it anything more. Except obviously a positive sign for our chances.

And I agree with Ross that it is still pretty early.

I wish Alex continued success and hope to see him wrestle as a Cyclone.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I wouldn’t read into it anything more.

Too late I'm convinced he's coming here and will never forgive you if he doesn't :mad: :plaugh:

I too wish him success no matter where he winds up and will follow him throughout his career just like I do any other Iowa preps. Just a lot more fun to follow former Iowa preps when they compete for ISU.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Yeah, who are we kidding, HitItHard58.

Don't listen to the Brands boys, Alex, or my Uncle Junior (may he RIP)! They're no good! I'll puke if you wrestle for the Hawks! :dull::mad: :plaugh:

Yes, of course, work hard, focus, improve, and live the Cyclone dream! :smile:

I'm going to get me some ice cream, man.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Yeah, who are we kidding, HitItHard58.

Don't listen to the Brands boys, Alex, or my Uncle Junior (may he RIP)! They're no good! I'll puke if you wrestle for the Hawks! :dull::mad: :plaugh:

Yes, of course, work hard, focus, improve, and live the Cyclone dream! :smile:

I'm going to get me some ice cream, man.

There is definitely one exception but that just goes without saying :)

RossIAwrestle

Mar 27, 2014
Well the new trend is to commit when you are a junior. Who knows, maybe he will be one of the first Iowans to take up the trend.