All FB coaching rumors and speculation

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
He 100% did which is something a lot of Michigan fans forget. Although most Michigan alums don’t really like discussing Bo anymore I still think the OSU connection would be harder to sell now.

They would take FIckell in a heartbeat. 10 years ago? Maybe not but now they've seen what a long duration of ****** football looks like.

Reactions: WhoISthis

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
They would take FIckell in a heartbeat. 10 years ago? Maybe not but now they've seen what a long duration of ****** football looks like.
They wouldn’t take him in a heartbeat at all. As much **** as harbaugh gets he still has 4 ten win (or more) seasons at Michigan with another 9 win season thrown in. So it’s not really been **** football they have just struggled against rivals. Fickel was the coach at OSU for one of Michigan’s 2 wins in the last 17 years and has no other experience at a power 5 university. They have and would still take CMC over fickel.

• Disagree
Reactions: dosry5

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
They wouldn’t take him in a heartbeat at all. As much **** as harbaugh gets he still has 4 ten win (or more) seasons at Michigan with another 9 win season thrown in. So it’s not really been **** football they have just struggled against rivals. Fickel was the coach at OSU for one of Michigan’s 2 wins in the last 17 years and has no other experience at a power 5 university. They have and would still take CMC over fickel.

You have to be just looking for trouble. They won't take a guy that has made the playoffs over one that has won 3, 8, 8, 7, 9, and 7 games?

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
You have to be just looking for trouble. They won't take a guy that has made the playoffs over one that has won 3, 8, 8, 7, 9, and 7 games?
I’ve never once heard fickels name come up in connection to Michigan from anyone important. Could that have changed sure but haven’t heard it before. A lot of coaches have had a bunch of success at cinci, doesn’t take much to put up wins at a non power 5 school. I would argue that CMC making Iowa state competitive in a power conference is more impressive.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I’ve never once heard fickels name come up in connection to Michigan from anyone important. Could that have changed sure but haven’t heard it before. A lot of coaches have had a bunch of success at cinci, doesn’t take much to put up wins at a non power 5 school. I would argue that CMC making Iowa state competitive in a power conference is more impressive.

Why exactly do you come around here?

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Why exactly do you come around here?
Initially it was just for conference realignment talk. Then I thought we might lose CMT so I was paying attention to how the football team looked with CMC. After that I just kinda liked your board and a lot of the posters here. Plus I went to both MSU and Michigan so the potential for CMC at Michigan is intriguing.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
And who from the Bears would be running that campaign at the moment? Is Pace going to survive? Would Harbaugh want to coach there if Pace is GM?

I believe the Chiefs hired Reid before hiring the GM(if I remember right), so I’d assume the team owner. They are likely waiting for the season to end before firing/hiring anyone.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

No they wouldn't. You don't know what you're talking about.

Fickell, on the other hand, will NEVER entertain the Michigan job.

• Agree
Reactions: WhoISthis

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
There’s nothing impressive about going 7-6 with this year’s Iowa St team.

Fickell would be ahead of CMC, although I’m not sure he’d take it. It’s a good thing Michigan St got Dantonio when they did. It probably doesn’t happen in 2022.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

Fickell would be ahead of CMC, although I’m not sure he’d take it. It’s a good thing Michigan St got Dantonio when they did. It probably doesn’t happen in 2022.

What CMC has done at Iowa State is far more impressive than what someone like Lincoln Riley did at Oklahoma. Literally CMC had a down year, and it’s still one of the best seasons in school history. Every coach at every college will have down years or don’t meet expectations. The recruiting classes keep getting better and the future is brighter than it’s ever been.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
No they wouldn't. You don't know what you're talking about.

Fickell, on the other hand, will NEVER entertain the Michigan job.
Pretty sure I know more about the ins and outs of Michigan then you do but we can agree to disagree. I really would be shocked if he left but he would be going out on a high note and he has never stayed anywhere for very long.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021

I agree that this season was a bit of a let down but what CMC has done at ISU is extremely impressive

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
What CMC has done at Iowa State is far more impressive than what someone like Lincoln Riley did at Oklahoma. Literally CMC had a down year, and it’s still one of the best seasons in school history. Every coach at every college will have down years or don’t meet expectations. The recruiting classes keep getting better and the future is brighter than it’s ever been.
No one is questioning whether the future is bright.

The question is whether he’s done enough to impress. Did USC not go with Riley? Oh, they did? Because taking a preseason top-10 team to 7-5 or 7-6 isn’t impressive.

Turning around a program is a skill. Michigan isn’t looking for that. And for good or bad, failing to take the next step is incriminating to most of these jobs, even if you mistakenly think little of Iowa St

• Dumb
Reactions: aauummm and JCity