All In? Give to the GridIron Club

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Would a company match something like this? My companys matches every dollar I give.

My company will match donations to the Foundation, but not the Cyclone or Gridiron Clubs. I think taht is pretty standard for matches.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Yes, it's everyone's individual choice how and where to give. But advising chadm based on your personal grudges is not cool.

ISU football will benefit more from a CGC donation. Slam dunk fact.
No it is not a slam dunk fact.... it is not true ---- example, no CGC money's will go to the new FB only facility .................. I have donated to the FB only facility and the new score board --- The CGC has not and will not. What has CPR said is the KEY to moving ISU FB forward?? Would you like me to go on......

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
No it is not a slam dunk fact.... it is not true ---- example, no CGC money's will go to the new FB only facility .................. I have donated to the FB only facility and the new score board --- The CGC has not and will not. What has CPR said is the KEY to moving ISU FB forward?? Would you like me to go on......

What does the CGC money go to?

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields

here's a quote from CPR about the CGC:
"Every winning college football program nationally has, at its core, a committed group of people dedicated specifically to making and sustaining that school's gridiron success. That is what the Cyclone Gridiron Club does for us. The existence and generosity of the Gridiron Club allows us to have the resources to fashion an Iowa State football legacy that is worthy of a great university like ISU. The Gridiron Club funds many day-to-day needs which are necessary to building a winning program in the nation's premier football conference."

Paul Rhoads
Head Coach

bottom line is to give-dont get bent out of shape toward 1 program or another. come together as a fanbase and try to do what's best for the university. if you can give, give. be it to the CGC, NCC, or whatever other program you decide. they all benefit the university, and in the end, isn't that the goal?

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
What does the CGC money go to?
Mostly the weight room and nutritional supplements -- important needs but no (I repeat no) capital projects. With the phasing out of any state funding the ISU foundation and NCC are THE BEST WAY to get us what CPaulR has said is the number 1 key to success and likely him staying --- think about it.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010

If I give a dollar to CGC and you give a dollar to foundation, whose dollar is eroded more by administrative and operational costs before it ever reaches the football program?

The CGC ISN'T INTENDED TO RAISE MONEY FOR CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS. So that makes your point completely invalid.

You make it no secret that you have more money than God. Terrific, good for you. chadm indicated he wants to get started with a modest rank and file entry level donation. CGC is the way to go if he wants the most of his dollars to eventually arrive in the football office.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
here's a quote from CPR about the CGC:
"Every winning college football program nationally has, at its core, a committed group of people dedicated specifically to making and sustaining that school's gridiron success. That is what the Cyclone Gridiron Club does for us. The existence and generosity of the Gridiron Club allows us to have the resources to fashion an Iowa State football legacy that is worthy of a great university like ISU. The Gridiron Club funds many day-to-day needs which are necessary to building a winning program in the nation's premier football conference."

Paul Rhoads
Head Coach

bottom line is to give-dont get bent out of shape toward 1 program or another. come together as a fanbase and try to do what's best for the university. if you can give, give. be it to the CGC, NCC, or whatever other program you decide. they all benefit the university, and in the end, isn't that the goal?

It's good coach speak and exactly what I would expect him to say about a club that raised $200,000 this year. But let's put it in perspective.....Even if all that money went to the new scoreboard (which none of it will) that is less than 5% of the total cost of that single project. Guess what the FB only project will cost? Give til it hurts!! but don't run around with blind faith and screwed up facts when making your donation decisions.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
If I give a dollar to CGC and you give a dollar to foundation, whose dollar is eroded more by administrative and operational costs before it ever reaches the football program?

The CGC ISN'T INTENDED TO RAISE MONEY FOR CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS. So that makes your point completely invalid.

You make it no secret that you have more money than God. Terrific, good for you. chadm indicated he wants to get started with a modest rank and file entry level donation. CGC is the way to go if he wants the most of his dollars to eventually arrive in the football office.
nope!

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
Come on guys, are we really going to argue against donating...

My advice, if you're interested in donating, and want to ensure your donations go to a certain cause, then call up the university and find a group that best fits you. You're donating your money, so you have the right to research it first.

But lets not turn this into a battle.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
It's good coach speak and exactly what I would expect him to say about a club that raised $200,000 this year. But let's put it in perspective.....Even if all that money went to the new scoreboard (which none of it will) that is less than 5% of the total cost of that single project. Guess what the FB only project will cost? Give til it hurts!! but don't run around with blind faith and screwed up facts when making your donation decisions.

please try and keep this positive. you make it out as if the CGC is a bad thing for ISU. it isn't.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Come on guys, are we really going to argue against donating...

My advice, if you're interested in donating, and want to ensure your donations go to a certain cause, then call up the university and find a group that best fits you. You're donating your money, so you have the right to research it first.

But lets not turn this into a battle.
Good point -- just what I was trying to say. I do think it is safe to suggest that people actually do the research if they care what their money will actually be spent on. And CPR has made pretty clear what his Number 1 priority is. That's all.

clonesalltheway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Kansas City, MO
www.cyclones.com
I donate to the Gridiron Club and Rhoads said, "He used some money to buy couches for the players to sit on, and devices to record the recruits that they watch so then they can compare them and make better decisions on recruits.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
My company will match donations to the Foundation, but not the Cyclone or Gridiron Clubs. I think taht is pretty standard for matches.

Then your company should match the NCC or the CGC because both of those monies can be moved thru the foundation. My wifes company says it will not match to sports clubs, but since the payments go thru the ISU Foundation Wells Fargo has always matched the donation. You can always try all they can say is no.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Then your company should match the NCC or the CGC because both of those monies can be moved thru the foundation. My wifes company says it will not match to sports clubs, but since the payments go thru the ISU Foundation Wells Fargo has always matched the donation. You can always try all they can say is no.
My company does match but you need to go through the foundation.

GoldRule

Feb 2, 2008
Parts Unknown
money wise, i would like to say i'm "All-In", but I'd be lying. I had a kid this past summer, so season tickets were out for us this year. I instead decided to up my NCC donation to compensate for not purchasing season tix, figuring as long as i gave the same amount of money, that would be good enough.

Well, after Saturdays game, I decided to join the Cyclone Gridiron Club. I just donated $100 to the cause, and hope to see many others join as well.

Membership Form - Cyclone Gridiron Club

it couldn't be any easier, or any better time then now to get on board. I realize that $100 isn't much to the University, but it is to me, and that's really all I can give at this time. Hopefully next year I can give more to both the NCC and the GIC, but time will tell. If we can get 1,000 people to do what i just did-that's $100,000 for the football program.

I urge everyone that reads this to go "All-In", and join the cause. if you are already a member, try and give more.

and please don't turn this into a negative thread about-"well, you're not a true fan if you don't give"-that's not what this is about. i understand times are tough right now and not everyone will be able to give. if you can, please do. if you can't, do when you can. with a young baby on my hands i don't have a lot of spare cash to throw around, but i'm giving what i can.

who's with me?

I'm now donating $100. It's not much, but the football team has earned it. I really hope we beat Colorado.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
CPR and Walters spoke about donating to the CGC toward the end of last nights Paul Rhoads show fwiw...

nileo

Apr 29, 2010
Grimes
I'm now donating $100. It's not much, but the football team has earned it. I really hope we beat Colorado.

$100 is a good chunck of money and every amount -- whether it is $5 or $5000 helps. I love all the donating for the cause. I sincerely hope that all those donating continue to do so every year as that is when we, as fans, will continue to see improvements. Support this team and program now, just like we will if they win or possibly lose the next two games.