All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I compare Kolars game a lot to Noah Fants while he was in college. Great pass catcher but not a fantastic blocker. Assuming Kolars blocking doesn’t improve, is he a first round pick and finally breaks ISU’s long first round draft drought? If not, is he for sure one of his blocking improves?

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
I compare Kolars game a lot to Noah Fants while he was in college. Great pass catcher but not a fantastic blocker. Assuming Kolars blocking doesn’t improve, is he a first round pick and finally breaks ISU’s long first round draft drought? If not, is he for sure one of his blocking improves?

That’s a pretty tough ask, first round choice for a tight end. I just looked and in the last ten drafts there have been eight tight ends chosen in the first round. He could be very highly rated by nfl scouts and go in the second round.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

He would need to test out at the combine like Fant did. Is Kolar is a 4.5 40 guy with a 39" vertical and 127" broad jump and 6.81 3 cone drill? If so he could potentially be a 1st rounder. I doubt he is, but I don't know his game as well as ISU fans.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
That’s a pretty tough ask, first round choice for a tight end. I just looked and in the last ten drafts there have been eight tight ends chosen in the first round. He could be very highly rated by nfl scouts and go in the second round.
Oh trust me I know. That's why when Iowa fans were saying both their tight ends were going in the first round I laughed my a$$ off. It had literally never happened in 20+ years maybe ever. And as you mentioned a tight end is rarely taken in the first round. I would say he is going to need to ball out and really improve his blocking if he is going to have a chance.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Assuming Kolars blocking doesn’t improve, is he a first round pick and finally breaks ISU’s long first round draft drought? If not, is he for sure one of his blocking improves?
Man, that's a lot to ask with Purdy expected to go 10th. Kolar's a stud, but top 9 might be pushing it.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Man, that's a lot to ask with Purdy expected to go 10th. Kolar's a stud, but top 9 might be pushing it.
It is crazy to think CMC is already going to have 2 1st round picks next year. This program is really starting to take off, especially when you think where it was when he took over.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It is crazy to think CMC is already going to have 2 1st round picks next year. This program is really starting to take off, especially when you think where it was when he took over.
That's not how it works lol.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Exactly. Things are really looking up for you with an assumed 11 win season next year and 2 first round picks.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Exactly. Things are really looking up for you with an assumed 11 win season next year and 2 first round picks.
We get to watch exciting footballs with some of the greatest fans in the country. You get to watch, well boring ole Iowa football, with a combination of blue hairs and white trash fans. It's easy to see why this is becoming a Cyclone State.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
We get to watch exciting footballs with some of the greatest fans in the country. You get to watch, well boring ole Iowa football, with a combination of blue hairs and white trash fans. It's easy to see why this is becoming a Cyclone State.
Dude, stop lol. I hate Iowa as much as the next guy but we're not "becoming the Cyclone State". Sure our football team is night and day better than it has been in terms of success and overall quality, but we haven't beat Iowa in 5 years, so it's illogical to think the pendulum is swinging in the other direction.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Dude, stop lol. I hate Iowa as much as the next guy but we're not "becoming the Cyclone State". Sure our football team is night and day better than it has been in terms of success and overall quality, but we haven't beat Iowa in 5 years, so it's illogical to think the pendulum is swinging in the other direction.

Know your audience here lol

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
I think you're correct. The programs appear to be trending in different directions at the moment.