(Almost) Perfect Record Albums...

20eyes

May 15, 2020
I'm a big Black Sabbath fan and my favorite Sabbath LP is Vol 4.

I'm of the age where I grew up consuming records as a complete work of art... so listening to all of it as one composition.

Side one, track four ("FX") is just someone(s) fooling around with sound effects. It breaks up what otherwise is a brilliant album that's the closest Sabbath got to creating a cohesive narrative concept album. I've even heard it called "Prog Sabbath".

What's a record you have that you love except for that one song...?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

I'm of the age where I grew up consuming records as a complete work of art... so listening to all of it as one composition.

Side one, track four ("FX") is just someone(s) fooling around with sound effects. It breaks up what otherwise is a brilliant album that's the closest Sabbath got to creating a cohesive narrative concept album. I've even heard it called "Prog Sabbath".

It's no slouch, but how can you say it's your favorite when Master of Reality is sitting right there...

Reactions: demoncore1031

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
The Police: Synchronicity

"Mother" just doesn't do it for me at all! The rest of the album..incredible!
It is so weird to think it is on the same album as Every Breath You Take.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Pearl Jam.... 1st album is pretty good.
AC/DC... Back in Black
Rush..... Moving Pictures
Fleetwood Mac..... Rumors
REO Speedwagon.... High Infidelity

Reactions: cycloner29

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Van Halen with DLR has a number of albums that were so close to perfect except for that "one song".

Easily the worst offender is Diver Down that is so awesome, but I always hated Big Bad Bill and the corny clarinet.
Women and Children First, except for In A Simple Rhyme.
Fair Warning, except for Sinner's Swing
1984 except for Girl Gone Bad.

Typically their worst still highlight the hell out of Eddie's guitar skills (except for Big Bad Bill).

• Agree
Reactions: somecyguy

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Rage Against the Machine

Evil Empire

Snakecharmer.

I don’t think it’s as powerful as the rest of the album. Just don’t like that song. Rest of the album is next level

Reactions: clonechemist

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Van Halen with DLR has a number of albums that were so close to perfect except for that "one song".

Easily the worst offender is Diver Down that is so awesome, but I always hated Big Bad Bill and the corny clarinet.
Women and Children First, except for In A Simple Rhyme.
Fair Warning, except for Sinner's Swing
1984 except for Girl Gone Bad.

Typically their worst still highlight the hell out of Eddie's guitar skills (except for Big Bad Bill).

You can listen to Diver Down and tell exactly what songs Dave wanted . They are all the goofy stupid Dave type stuff

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Been watching videos where they break down music or have a reaction to a song.

Black Sabbath. Whew.

Respect

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Not really an out of place song, but having "Her Majesty" as a hidden track at the end of Abbey Road is an abomination. The "she came in Through the Bathroom Window", "Golden Slumbers" "Carry That Weight" and "The End" is the most perfect ending to an album you could have. "The End" is the perfect closer. Then to have whatever the hell that is with "Her Majesty", even if only 15 seconds long, is too bad.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I love Toad the Wet Sprocket's "Fear" album, but Butterflies just seems so out of place.

Also, Offspring's Smash album is solid, but Killboy Powerhead is very forgettable

Last edited: