Always use a designated driver

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Quite the fight going on in the comments section.

KCCLONE712

Jun 29, 2011
The problem is that it was a 13 year old girl. If it would have been a 13 year old boy he would have driven fine and no one would have been the wiser

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
The problem is that it was a 13 year old girl. If it would have been a 13 year old boy he would have driven fine and no one would have been the wiser

I can vouch for this. I drove my old man home (mom & dad were splitting up) when I was 13 from Sac City to Rockwell City in a blizzard after a wedding reception (yes; the couple got married in the winter). I had plenty of practice on gravel roads and my grandparents' farm.

isu83

May 5, 2010
Is it that big of deal. The girl might be able to get a permit fairly soon. And maybe the cops found the bottle under the drivers seat and think they switched drivers. Just a thought.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Is it that big of deal. The girl might be able to get a permit fairly soon. And maybe the cops found the bottle under the drivers seat and think they switched drivers. Just a thought.

My first thought as well. Helluva kid to take a fall for their folks like that. She musta bargained for a get out of jail free card to use later.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I think it's a pretty bad deal. They're putting their lives and their children's lives into the hands of a 13 year old girl who they would know best her driving experience....in which she had little to none apparently.

If they knew she was a great driver, then yeah probably not your first choice, but could have gotten away with it.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor

My thought as well. Surely even a 13 year old girl knows that a red light means stop and not to blow through it.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
True. My 3 year old understands to stop when it's red.
In defense of the girl, I'm sure if you asked her if she should stop at a red light, she would say yes. I think it was a case of she was scared ********, had little to no experience driving, and was too busy trying not to crash. It would also explain why she was going 30 under the speed limit on the interstate. We've probably all driven through/almost driven through stop signs that we just didn't see, this is no different