AM590 Omaha suggesting Pollard as next Nebraska AD

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Can't think he'd actually do that, right? That would be a thankless job as AD there as they grasp onto what their identity is in college athletics.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Yeah. If this happens...

tenor.gif

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
First off Pollard loves it here. He will retire or be fired from ISU in my opinion. Ames Iowa is a dream job for the right kind of person, and that kind of person is Jamie Pollard

Just waiting for the package deal to be announced after ISU's playoff appearance this year... Campbell and Pollard to Nebraska

I just puked a little...o_O

Reactions: isutrevman

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
First off Pollard loves it here. He will retire or be fired from ISU in my opinion. Ames Iowa is a dream job for the right kind of person, and that kind of person is Jamie Pollard

I just puked a little...o_O
Insert "firmly entrenched" joke here.

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
And the expectations of Nebby fans continues to amaze me. They dream of sugar plum fairies when it comes to anything connected to football. Just a month ago the radio stations here were predicting Tanner Lee would throw for 3,500 yards, 30 TD's, and 5 Picks. Well, he has excelled at the picks...and may get the TD's if you count all teams.

I don't know if Nebby ever rises above what they have been the past 6 years...restricted recruiting base, fans who dream of the 90's, and countless former players that take to the media to voice their opinions on everything.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
And the expectations of Nebby fans continues to amaze me. They dream of sugar plum fairies when it comes to anything connected to football. Just a month ago the radio stations here were predicting Tanner Lee would throw for 3,500 yards, 30 TD's, and 5 Picks. Well, he has excelled at the picks...and may get the TD's if you count all teams.

I don't know if Nebby ever rises above what they have been the past 6 years...restricted recruiting base, fans who dream of the 90's, and countless former players that take to the media to voice their opinions on everything.
I agree, their expectations are hilariously unrealistic. Any season they don't win at least 10 games is considered a failed season. And I keep hearing them talk about a lack of talent on their team, despite the fact they have had top 30 recruiting classes the last three years.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Hardly.....Duh!!!! It's Trev Alberts to lose.....

Not sure that a "football" school and it's fan base would be to excited about hiring a guy who's biggest accomplishment as an AD is cutting a successful football program from his current school.

And not that I think JP would take the job but the last guy was making 1.17 mil/year which would be a 400K raise. Hard to think a person wouldn't at least answer the phone for that kind of money.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Not sure that a "football" school and it's fan base would be to excited about hiring a guy who's biggest accomplishment as an AD is cutting a successful football program from his current school.

And not that I think JP would take the job but the last guy was making 1.17 mil/year which would be a 400K raise. Hard to think a person wouldn't at least answer the phone for that kind of money.
The future at UNL is Hockey.

Reactions: PabloDiablo