American Ninja Warrior

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Anyone else get into this show? I have to admit that ANW and the Crossfit games are pretty cool to me. Crossfit obviously a little more serious, and ANW almost cartoonish, but those athletes are amazing.

Two Americans actually made it all the way through Stage 4 last night. I am reading that the first guy (who's time got beat by second contestant), actually receives nothing while the champion got $1.0 million. Pretty sucky.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
I have only seen snippets of ANW, but every time I watch all of the obstacles pretty much ignore using any muscles below the abs.

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
American Ninja Warrior is only watchable on DVR, 1 hour long show with 40 mins of that being sob stories.

MartyMcCy

Sep 6, 2011
Competition shows like ANW, Wipeout, cooking shows (Cutthroat Kitchen, Chopped, etc), and Face Off are a good compromise for my family if we all want to watch a show.

We have ANW on the DVR and just got done watching the rest of the people compete in Stage 1.
Two Americans actually made it all the way through Stage 4 last night.
Could have used this.

MartyMcCy

Sep 6, 2011
I have only seen snippets of ANW, but every time I watch all of the obstacles pretty much ignore using any muscles below the abs.
I would think the "Body Prop" would use quite a bit of legs. Starts at ~3:20 in this video.

[video=youtube;cC71_avmtq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC71_avmtq8[/video]

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Part of the appeal of ANW for me was that no one had ever finished stage 4. Now that 2 people have, I'm not sure if the show will hold my attention anymore.

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
Part of the appeal of ANW for me was that no one had ever finished stage 4. Now that 2 people have, I'm not sure if the show will hold my attention anymore.

In Japan when Stage 3 and Stage 4 were completed the next year they made them harder.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
We cancelled cable after the NCAA tournament since our Mediacom promo price expired and we pretty much only watch college basketball and football. This was one of the few shows worth watching on regular TV. I didn't watch it all last night but we watched stage 4 and parts of the others flipping through channels. I watched the victors qualifying run though to get to LV and he was amazing.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Anyone else get into this show? I have to admit that ANW and the Crossfit games are pretty cool to me. Crossfit obviously a little more serious, and ANW almost cartoonish, but those athletes are amazing.

Two Americans actually made it all the way through Stage 4 last night. I am reading that the first guy (who's time got beat by second contestant), actually receives nothing while the champion got $1.0 million. Pretty sucky.
I bet the guy that took second has received some $$ as well, that whole show was awesome, amazing athletes there and I will never be able to do anything close to that..... Did a 2 Mudders last year and was impressed with myself.

Trigger

Dec 30, 2011
My 5th grade daughter is obsessed with this show. Was really hoping to see a female get past stage 1 in Vegas this year.

Compared to some of the other mindless crap on Disney or Nick, ANW is fine to watch.

She is praying that they come up with some kind of "ANW-Kids".

We have signed up to try and get tix for KC next year.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I watched most of the ANW qualifiers and then all of it last night. Those guys are freaks! Feel bad that Britten didn't get any cash, but have a feeling they'll both have some endorsement opportunities.

I was shaking watching them finish Stage 3.

Oh and Crossfit being on TV is dumb.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I like ANW, but I don't really like how it is pretty much all geared towards rock-climbers. Which I couldn't do either, but still. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron