Ames Lager Update

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Greetings all,

Wanted to spread the word that Ames Lager is becoming much more widely available but for some reason sales have dropped considerably in last couple of weeks. You can help by doing a couple of things:

1. Continue to purchase Ames Lager! It’s a huge help. West O is going to announce a sizable donation to We Will next week that will significantly impact our efforts with the portal opening on December 4th. Ames Lager is the only Iowa State branded beer whose proceeds actually go to NIL.
2. Remind your favorite beer/liquor store that Ames Lager is very much available year round and to contact their local distributor if they don’t have it.

I know Iowa State fans can and will rally to the cause so appreciate your support greatly!

-Brent

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Greetings all,

Wanted to spread the word that Ames Lager is becoming much more widely available but for some reason sales have dropped considerably in last couple of weeks. You can help by doing a couple of things:

1. Continue to purchase Ames Lager! It’s a huge help. West O is going to announce a sizable donation to We Will next week that will significantly impact our efforts with the portal opening on December 4th. Ames Lager is the only Iowa State branded beer whose proceeds actually go to NIL.
2. Remind your favorite beer/liquor store that Ames Lager is very much available year round and to contact their local distributor if they don’t have it.

I know Iowa State fans can and will rally to the cause so appreciate your support greatly!

-Brent
I was able to find 2 six packs for the first time in the DM area last week.

I would have bought a ton more over the season if it was available and could find it. My local Hyvee said they could barely get any.

Of note they always had a huge supply of several different Hawk beers, Hawk beer has been available every time I have went in there over the last several months, and this was the first time I saw Ames Lager, and only 2 six packs.

Its hard to purchase and support if it is not available anywhere. Seems like a huge miss to not have it available through the tailgate season.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Greetings all,

-Brent
I will drive to CB and buy a case. Where is it sold in CB?

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
I was able to find 2 six packs for the first time in the DM area last week.

I would have bought a ton more over the season if it was available and could find it. My local Hyvee said they could barely get any.

Of note they always had a huge supply of several different Hawk beers, Hawk beer has been available every time I have went in there over the last several months, and this was the first time I saw Ames Lager, and only 2 six packs.

It’s hard to purchase and support if it is not available anywhere. Seems like a huge miss to not have it available through the tailgate season.
Understand the frustration. Regardless of the circumstances and I certainly don’t know all the distribution complications, sales have dropped and we’re hopeful they pick back up as it can definitely help the cause in a fun way. Wanted to make that known. West O is working on spreading this in all areas including Omaha but people still need to purchase. Appreciate everyone’s support.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Understand the frustration. Regardless of the circumstances and I certainly don’t know all the distribution complications, sales have dropped and we’re hopeful they pick back up as it can definitely help the cause in a fun way. Wanted to make that known. West O is working on spreading this in all areas including Omaha but people still need to purchase. Appreciate everyone’s support.
Is the Vodka going to be available soon?

• Agree
Reactions: Dr.bannedman

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
My guess is the reason for the sales is that people stocked up and now don't need more. Much like covid, selfish people over bought initially. Some probably don't really like the taste. Not my favorite as I'm a light beer guy. But I drink one each week to support

Having a light or IPA option would help for sure.

• Dumb
Reactions: mplueg

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Just get it to Omaha. We already have access to West O beers but not that. I don't always have luck finding it in CB or elsewhere when I come over for games.

Reactions: Cyrock18 and Todd

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Enjoying some tonight watching basketball!

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Wife purchased 2 six packs last week while in Ames, threw one in the drink fridge and took the other out to S. Carolina for our son. He was drinking it while tailgating before the Clemson/ND game on Saturday.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and brentblum

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I like it and buy it when I’m back in Iowa. I only drink so much beer though, so even if I was local, a 12 pack a month is all I would need if it wasn’t football season. My brother and I split a 12 pack during our tailgate at the KU game. So, I’m doing what I can.

Help Support Us

Become a patron