Ames NIL Club announced

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
I’m gonna guess it’s this

@brentblum I assume this was before you were involved but how does this change your initiatives?
To be real, doesn’t change at all. This NIL announcement is a national group based out of the Southeast that is not a 501(c)3 organization and one that takes a hefty percentage of any payment of the players. They have similar setups at several schools including Iowa and KSU in addition to OU. We Will is hopefully thought of differently. I will say it’s completely legal and the players are open to pursue any NIL they want to.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
To be real, doesn’t change at all. This NIL announcement is a national group based out of the Southeast that is not a 501(c)3 organization and one that takes a hefty percentage of any payment of the players. They have similar setups at several schools including Iowa and KSU in addition to OU. We Will is hopefully thought of differently. I will say it’s completely legal and the players are open to pursue any NIL they want to.
Yea it seemed very different but to be honest most NIL collectives or initiatives seem different from the We Will to be fair.

Looking more into it, they make you join a Discord which is odd for me but ayyy it’s the Wild West right now

Reactions: brentblum

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I have said from the beginning that if I’m giving money there should be a reasonable expectation of ROI. At least We Will does some good while bringing awareness to non profits. This seems like it’s just a gofundme.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
who designed this website/video?.... its not good.
Appears to be the players for the most part:

"How does the Ames NIL Club (“ANC”) work?

The ANC is a player-led fan community that benefits members of the Iowa State football team. Through the Ames NIL Club, these members of the team provide fans with digital content and experiences such as digital meet-and-greets, player-recorded content, and much more throughout the year. The ANC generates revenue through fans subscribing to the club. A monthly commitment of any amount allows fans to join the NIL Club and access ANC-exclusive chat rooms, message boards, and content.

How are athletes involved with the ANC?

Current Iowa State Football players use their social platforms to promote ANC and they participate in digital events such as meet-and-greets, Q&As, and interviews. The players also create and distribute exclusive content for club members. The players have teamed up with YOKE, a complete membership platform that provides business tools for athletes to launch a paywalled community, to ensure the digital experiences are executed properly. All players are invited to participate in the club and proceeds are split equally amongst the actively participating athletes."

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
Why are some people crapping on the players for this? They have the right to profit from their NIL. If people want to contribute to get some exclusive access to the players then that is their right.

ppclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Can't be good for WeWill Collective. More competition for fans spending more money. PLUS the players are promoting it directly.
Wish WeWill could swallow this up.

Help Support Us

Become a patron