Ames Weather

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
We’re hoping to drive to Ames From Nebraska Wednesday and drive back Friday after watching WBB and MBB. My weather app predicts 6-10” and subzero in that time. Is that forecast consistent with what you’re seeing?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
We’re hoping to drive to Ames From Nebraska Wednesday and drive back Friday after watching WBB and MBB. My weather app predicts 6-10” and subzero in that time. Is that forecast consistent with what you’re seeing?
Yes. This plan is probably not going to work if the forecast is at all accurate. Lots of snow Thursday then extremely cold and high winds Thursday into Friday.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Man, visits the weather thread. It's full on "We're Going to Die!" Cold, snow and crazy wind. Blizzard ****.

Not worth the risk for a basketball game in my old man opinion. Last week when the forecast was mostly for just crazy cold I was considered driving down because I thought the cold would make for small crowd. Not even giving it a consideration now.

• Agree
Reactions: bsaltyman

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Unluckily yes it is. I would hate to miss the Drake game, but dying isn't worth it. Both games will be a day by day decision for me.

I've made poor choices before usually takes me a hour to get home and after a game a few yrs back it took me 2.5 hours. LOL

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA

Drake men changed their Thursday game to Wednesday afternoon if that tells you anything!

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
You should be fine if you drive an AT-AT

BgaiDOcIQAAK0AB.jpg

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
I would love to move the game up but the men play at 6:00 pm Wednesday. Unless they try to go at 2 pm or earlier?!?!?

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
My guess is that tomorrow we get an email from Iowa State with the Drake game either rescheduled or canceled. The girls go home for the holidays after the game. Im guessing cancelled to get them on their way quicker.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
My guess is that tomorrow we get an email from Iowa State with the Drake game either rescheduled or canceled. The girls go home for the holidays after the game. Im guessing cancelled to get them on their way quicker.

I can't imagine they'd cancel a game. But I'm guessing they'll try to move it up to Wednesday at noon.

Reactions: wxman1 and NWICY

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
That would be a very smart decision just cancel the womens game let them get a safe head start for home

Reactions: dafarmer

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Why, is Nebraska internet different then ours?

Reactions: wxman1

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Drake men changed their Thursday game to Wednesday afternoon if that tells you anything!
At least one western Iowa school district has preemptively cancelled classes both Thursday and Friday as of Monday night