Annoying Pop Ups

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I’ve hit my frustration point same as others on here. Site has become almost unusable on mobile. Page constantly jumps around, screen covered, menu section hovering halfway down screen, or most commonly just randomly crashes and refreshes which makes you lose any response you were working on etc.

As I typed this I got taken to the App Store twice and some random websites three times without touching anything. And had to retype the first paragraph twice after page crash and reload. Tried responding in another thread and lost my response twice and gave up.

On IPhone in Safari.

• Agree
Reactions: WooBadger18

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I had to start using Adblock Browser on mobile. I didn't want to do it as I know the site relies on ads but it is unusable as is.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Yeah, you also need to PAY to see more than like 5 rag articles a week. This site is FREE, which has to be paid for somehow.

It hasn't been near as bad on my phone (Google) as most here are experiencing. Rarely blocks any navigation buttons, but when it has I've been able to hit the small x in the corner of the ad or switch to landscape view momentarily to fix. uBlock adblocker plug-in on desktop is amazing (especially for YouTube) - highly recommend that free desktop add-on for Chrome.
One problem I have is sometimes there isn’t an x or if so, it then just changes to google asking me why I didn’t like the ad, so the same thing is covered up.

I will say the bigger issue for me is that the ads load at different times, so I will go to click a thread and the ad will come in so the screen moves and I end up hitting a different thread

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I’ve hit my frustration point same as others on here. Site has become almost unusable on mobile. Page constantly jumps around, screen covered, menu section hovering halfway down screen, or most commonly just randomly crashes and refreshes which makes you lose any response you were working on etc.

As I typed this I got taken to the App Store twice and some random websites three times without touching anything. And had to retype the first paragraph twice after page crash and reload. Tried responding in another thread and lost my response twice and gave up.

On IPhone in Safari.
Glad to know I’m not the only one getting the website crashing issue

Help Support Us

Become a patron