Another coaching vacancy at ISU

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Hey dad, thanks for keeping your super-secret information safe from all of us kids.
LOL, There are a lot of posts throughout this site, that say something to the fact that the info is behind a paywall and wont share it, just where to find it. Etc. Whether that be The Atlantic, 247, or where ever.

I am not going to share info on this sites very own paywall. Its totally fine to say the info is there, if you or anyone else that wants to be a member or is a member can go look. But thats as far as I am going. If you dont like it....too bad.

Dont cry when you come on a free board and expect premium info.

If you and whoever cant figure out why I am not sharing detailed info from the premium board, thats on you.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
LOL, There are a lot of posts throughout this site, that say something to the fact that the info is behind a paywall and wont share it, just where to find it. Etc. Whether that be The Atlantic, 247, or where ever.

I am not going to share info on this sites very own paywall. Its totally fine to say the info is there, if you or anyone else that wants to be a member or is a member can go look. But thats as far as I am going. If you dont like it....too bad.

If you and whoever cant figure out why I am not sharing detailed info from the premium board, thats on you.
I assume it’s Hoodjer, and I didn’t find it behind any paywall.

So if you’d stop crowing about it, that would be great.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
I assume it’s Hoodjer, and I didn’t find it behind any paywall.

So if you’d stop crowing about it, that would be great.
Very public info mentions Hoodjer being targeted by Michigan. Hopefully we can hang on to him, because seems to be as important to the program these days as almost anyone with the craziness of college football.

T-oh double D

Jan 20, 2024

Nobody really cares- the Hoodjer story is fairly public. I think you’re out in front of your skis to believe yourself to be the possessor of premium information.

Even if you are the guy with all the secret info- who cares? The way you dangle it around is a little lame. If you’re going to dangle something publicly, at least make sure you have something worth dangling.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Nobody really cares- the Hoodjer story is fairly public. I think you’re out in front of your skis to believe yourself to be the possessor of premium information.

Even if you are the guy with all the secret info- who cares? The way you dangle it around is a little lame. If you’re going to dangle something publicly, at least make sure you have something worth dangling.
not doing any dangling. this was days ago when said info may not have been so public, and if it was, so what, all I said is there was talk on the premium board, and I was not going to relay said info, and you people lost your ****.

Get over it.

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
Clearly someone the staff is very comfortable with and knows the program well. Assume also getting on the cheaper side so maybe can take a bigger swing at RB coach.
someone proven with some NFL background like a Lou Ayeni? (no sources/reports, just a wild guess)

Reactions: isufbcurt

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Clearly someone the staff is very comfortable with and knows the program well. Assume also getting on the cheaper side so maybe can take a bigger swing at RB coach.
I’m not sure why we need a “bigger swing” at RB Coach. That’s generally a recruiting position, and most older established guys aren’t going to spend that much time on the road. I think that “big swings” will be reserved for whenever the Professor retires, or one of the older position coaches might choose to move on.

Shoot, give it to Hoodjer, and move up someone in his department. Isn’t that what they did with Mouser?

Reactions: BACyclone

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
I’m not sure why we need a “bigger swing” at RB Coach. That’s generally a recruiting position, and most older established guys aren’t going to spend that much time on the road. I think that “big swings” will be reserved for whenever the Professor retires, or one of the older position coaches might choose to move on.

Shoot, give it to Hoodjer, and move up someone in his department. Isn’t that what they did with Mouser?
Big swing implies recruiting track record. You also could float the assistant head coach title out there to land the right person. Maybe they keep most of the money in house to bump up coordinators keep some personnel folks but the I’m sure Kratch won’t come in close to veidt salary wise so you have some options.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Obviously Heacock is very familiar with and wanted to bring back Kratch so it sounds good to me.

I kind of feel like both Hoodjer and Brabenec are similar to Byars in basketball where they are good at what they do and comfortable/valued in their positions. It's possible Hoodjer would want to move to an assistant here or somewhere else, but at this point it would surprise me slightly.

Conversely, I'd be a little surprise if Waters or Kempt stayed in their current roles and didn't move to being an assistant fairly soon, here or somewhere else.

Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Colby is the son of former Hawkeye lineman Bob Kratch (89), but has been playing and/or on staff with Campbell for 8+ years in the past, starting at Toledo. Bob played in the NFL for 7 seasons.
Thanks. I thought the name seemed familiar.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

I just found my epitaph.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
The Waters promotion to RB coach makes lots of sense. I would also think it gives us a better chance of keeping Kempt for a little while longer. Waters was making almost twice as much as Kempt as the Senior Quality Control/Offense vs. Quality Control/Offense. But also wouldn't be surprised to see him find a QB assistant position somewhere like a MAC school.

Also, makes me feel slightly good about keeping Scheelhaase for a little while. He's promoting his guys from within.