Another Edition of Anonymous Coach Quotes

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
"They’re not talented at all on defense. Where they’ve struggled recently is to get those big guys up front. They used to have those 270-, 290-pound guys to play the two inside tackles, and they were hard to move around. Then they’d hit you with a couple guys coming off the edge. They just don’t have that right now — none of it, and you look at them in warmups and they don’t look like a Big 12 team. He has to change that, but he coached them as well as he could.” -who would that be? Gary Patterson?

I know that we don't have the best defense in the league, but this has to be a quote based off of last year's team, correct?
We Now Have
Trent - 6'3 - 282
Lima - 6'3 -306
Tongamoa - 6'5 - 290
Matt Leo - 6'7 - 276

A lot of P5-unknowns, but still a formidable looking front line

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
"They’re not talented at all on defense. Where they’ve struggled recently is to get those big guys up front. They used to have those 270-, 290-pound guys to play the two inside tackles, and they were hard to move around. Then they’d hit you with a couple guys coming off the edge. They just don’t have that right now — none of it, and you look at them in warmups and they don’t look like a Big 12 team. He has to change that, but he coached them as well as he could.” -who would that be? Gary Patterson?

I know that we don't have the best defense in the league, but this has to be a quote based off of last year's team, correct?
We Now Have
Trent - 6'3 - 282
Lima - 6'3 -306
Tongamoa - 6'5 - 290
Matt Leo - 6'7 - 276

Second comment sounded very Patterson or Holgerson. First sounded pretty Gundy.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I thought second was Tom Hermann because he mentioned the fans patience and Danny Mac haha, and who else cares enough about ISU to throws those names out??
Someone with Fry/Mac connections like Snyder or a Stoops, as mentioned above

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse

original.jpg

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Are these quotes all from head coaches, or could they come from assistant coaches?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Are these quotes all from head coaches, or could they come from assistant coaches?
Or maybe equipment managers. Can you actually see Bill Snyder talking down any program to some runny nose kid reporter? People who take this seriously are probably experts in 'fake news' too. Please!

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

We Now Have
Trent - 6'3 - 282
Lima - 6'3 -306
Tongamoa - 6'5 - 290
Matt Leo - 6'7 - 276

well yeah, other Big 12 coaches aren't going to be scared of 3 guys who have never played D1 FB and a guy who has mostly been a backup. Got to prove it on the field to get respect.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
well yeah, other Big 12 coaches aren't going to be scared of 3 guys who have never played D1 FB and a guy who has mostly been a backup. Got to prove it on the field to get respect.
I get that. But his point was basing it solely off of the looks of our guys "you look at them in warmups and they don't look like a Big12 team", and how we "used to have those 270-290 guys." Well, we have those guys now, and I'd venture to guess this coach just doesn't know as much. Which is fair.

• Useful
Reactions: ExCyment

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

We Now Have
Trent - 6'3 - 282
Lima - 6'3 -306
Tongamoa - 6'5 - 290
Matt Leo - 6'7 - 276

I really don't know when ISU had two DTs that were hard to move around. Maybe 2005? Tucker wasn't hard to move around, he ran himself out of plays. They sure haven't had anyone stout in there in the last 5 years. This year, they at least have the right body types to stand up to the run. I'll also disagree that they are not talented at all on D. DL and LB have yet to be seen, but they've been talented at DB for awhile now.

• Agree

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I really don't know when ISU had two DTs that were hard to move around. Maybe 2005? Tucker wasn't hard to move around, he ran himself out of plays. They sure haven't had anyone stout in there in the last 5 years. This year, they at least have the right body types to stand up to the run. I'll also disagree that they are not talented at all on D. DL and LB have yet to be seen, but they've been talented at DB for awhile now.

Tuba was a one-man army in there.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Ben4Cy

Aug 28, 2016
This is old. Referencing last year and years prior.

I am almost certain there is another tread on this on here. To lazy to search.