Another female teacher incident

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
One of my mom's classmates married one of their teachers. He was only 4-5 years older maybe. No idea when it started relative to graduaton - this would have been in the mid-1960s.

They are STILL married and BOTH were teaching at the same high school when I was a student there.

Edit, the teacher passed away a couple months back. He was 80, widow would be ~75.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
  • Wow
Reactions: cyfanatic

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Thankfully none of the teachers I ever had went off the rails... they were FUGLY AF!

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
The priest wanted one really good story for his next confession.

• Haha
Reactions: StClone

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

I think I saw this video the other day on ahh...some websites.

• Haha
Reactions: mramseyISU

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
What was illegal about this?

Maybe churches are considered public??? Here is the sentence that confused me

The New York Post wrotes that "a representative of the Archdiocese of New Orleans was present in court and signed off on the sentence after Clark entered his plea Monday."

Why does the court need an Archdiocese to sign off on the sentence? That feels a little bit against the Church and State thing.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Maybe churches are considered public??? Here is the sentence that confused me

The New York Post wrotes that "a representative of the Archdiocese of New Orleans was present in court and signed off on the sentence after Clark entered his plea Monday."

Why does the court need an Archdiocese to sign off on the sentence? That feels a little bit against the Church and State thing.

The NYP article is pretty light on details, but the Archdiocese would have been probably considered a victim - since it happened on their property without consent obviously, and desecrated the church. They would probably sign off as being OK with the prosecutions recommendations for sentence? Just a guess.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Not female but this string of abuse in Marshalltown in 2021 was crazy: https://www.timesrepublican.com/new...er-pleads-guilty-in-sexual-exploitation-case/

Esquivel was one of three MCSD staff members charged with inappropriate behavior toward students over the span of a month during the summer of 2021, and the other two — former Miller Middle School English teacher Adam Edgington and former Associate Principal William Terry — were both found dead shortly after warrants for their arrests were announced.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Not a female teacher incident, but I couldn't find another thread for this.

"I knew it was kind of a no-no, but there's not a rule saying it can't happen," Lemke told the Sentinel. "There's not a law saying I'm going to go to jail for doing something like this. There's nothing in stone. I guess it's just an ethics code, like we frown upon it, but there's no rule, there's no law broken."

cy4life94

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2012
Cedar Rapids

"I knew it was kind of a no-no, but there's not a rule saying it can't happen," Lemke told the Sentinel. "There's not a law saying I'm going to go to jail for doing something like this. There's nothing in stone. I guess it's just an ethics code, like we frown upon it, but there's no rule, there's no law broken."

george-costanza-was-that-wrong.gif

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

That's a dude who wanted out of that marriage

• Agree
Reactions: MJ29 and xboxfever

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not all of these get media treatment either. A guy in the area was creeping on an 8th grader or freshman. Took a different job when this stuff hit and the new school found out after the hire. Had to let stuff hit so they could fire him. The wife had to find a new job also. The kids dad joined a biker gang several years ago, guessing dad won’t let this go lightly. Haven’t seen anything hit about this.