Another football commit

Status
Not open for further replies.

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
It is nice looking at the rivals profile for him and seeing UCLA and Georgia tech as the other schools listed on him, as opposed to what we normally see. Sounds like a good get.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
How is a 6'3" 185# Safety a "big linebacker"? Looks like a nice strong athelete, but he needs 50-60 more pounds to be a big linebacker

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Up to 13 commits now for the recruing class... I can't to see what Chizik can do with a full year of recruiting

Aug 21, 2006
Des Moines
It says he is a 185 lb. safety

In the Tampa article it says "The Cyclones would like Matthews to play weakside linebacker, using his speed off the edge." I think he seems on the small side as well, but I guess we'll see. I'm just impressed by the quality that GC's been able to get so late in the game. Kudos!

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
He could be one of those type of linebacker-safety hybrids...see Jon Banks.

sdsmith4

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
If he can show up at 200 pounds at redshirt, he could well be on his way to a 220 pound outside linebacker, seems like a pretty good get, with Osemele and Matthews, we have gotten some pretty good players today, good to see, hopefully we can get a few more this week!!!

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Zero stars on Rivals means that they haven't evalutated the player yet. They have seen no tapes or have heard much about the player. They usually rate the player after he commits.

isu_bub

Apr 10, 2006
Ames, Iowa
People are for some reason expecting a lot of Chizik's recruits to be "minute-men". Not likely. Gene is getting some rough around the edges type athletes that he will have to mold. Matthews is one of them. 4.7 speed is a touch slow at safety. He is 30 pounds to light for linebacker. Something will have to improve and that is why we have coaches.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
All your posts have been deleted not because you yourself were out of line, but this thread was beginning to become out of line. We as moderators have asked numerous times to not do the following two things;

1. Post premium info
2. Refer to "the" other sites and their members in any way.

If you have a problem with the info that was shared, this should have been reported to moderators; and then let them take care of it. We appreciate the concern, and hope you do this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron