Another streaming subscription to buy... Venu

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Joint venture between ESPN, Warner Bros, and Fox just dropped.

Gonna have to start sailing the seven seas again because this is getting ridiculous

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
  • Haha
Reactions: Gorm and Cyclonsin

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Joint venture between ESPN, Warner Bros, and Fox just dropped.

Gonna have to start sailing the seven seas again because this is getting ridiculous

It's basically like if the utility companies had new competitor's that said 'Hey, you're playing $150 for electricity, we'll provide you electricity for $50! You don't need a hard wire, we'll broadcast the electricity to each light and appliance!" And then a couple of years later saying now your $50 does not include power for your hair dryer, dishwasher, electric stove etc, it's only for light bulbs and everything else will be an additional $15 a month for each appliance. So, basically back to $150.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
The Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ bundle is the best streaming value out there. An added bonus is never having to use the ESPN+ interface since all ESPN+ content is available through the Hulu interface.
I liked it, but switched back to YoutubeTV because I got more buffering from Hulu TV weekly than I had from YTTV the entire couple years I had it.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
This is getting impossible to keep track of.

To add, I have the Disney bundle and Max. I’ve gotten my NBA and NHL content through those apps and OTA, otherwise it’s sailing the high seas.

Football season I’ll have to see what this looks like, at this point I just kind of hope I can get it aggregated under Hulu.

That’s just Hulu, not Hulu with live tv.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
No buffering issues here. Your ISP was probably messing with you!
Yeah, I've had Hulu for years and have never had any issues with buffering. Only issue I encounter is occasionally (once a month maybe) the audio and video get out of sync and I have to restart my Roku. That could be a hardware issue, but it only happens in the Hulu app.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Maybe I'm understanding wrong, but this specific deal doesn't sound like something additional that anyone would have to buy to see their favorite teams (at least as of right now). It seems more like an alternative sports-only option to other live-streaming services. Basically, if all you care about is live sports, rather than buying YouTubeTV, Hulu Live, Sling, or others, Venu might be a possible replacement.

• Agree
Reactions: isucy86

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah, nothing like clicking the wrong search function and being redirected to espn.com.

I accidently picked a year subscription and to cancel it I had to call customer service, do a deep dive into my Droid and convert it to dark mode in order to find some app to cancel.

It was pretty amazing.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonepride

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Whoever happened to that streaming box people were getting at the Fair?

Everything included with no monthly charge.

Basically a pirate platform.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Someone should really bundle all these streamers together under one interface. I can't think of a clever name for it, but some marketing dude will :jimlad: