Any Lincoln vehicle owners here?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
My first car was a mint condition 82 Grand Marquis. Had 32k original miles on it my dad bought it from an old lady. Sadly it got crushed by a tree branch during an ice storm in StL.
My second car was my Dad's 1975 Marquis Brougham. It was about 10 years old when i got it as a college car for a couple of years. I really liked driving it, but it had a 460-4V, and keeping it fueled just got too expensive.

For those interested in the 1970's Marks, this video does a comparison of the Mark III, Mark IV and Mark V. They are all pretty cool cars, but the Mark IV is by far my favorite of the "Eldorado Killers". Beautfiul profile...

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Navigator
I don't remember the years but the Triton motors had a pretty significant problem with spark plugs fouling or ejecting and the heads were always being worked on. That wasn't a Lincoln problem, that was an engine problem and every Ford that had that engine was likely to have problems. I don't recall what Fords had that engine but it was fairly widespread.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I don't remember the years but the Triton motors had a pretty significant problem with spark plugs fouling or ejecting and the heads were always being worked on. That wasn't a Lincoln problem, that was an engine problem and every Ford that had that engine was likely to have problems. I don't recall what Fords had that engine but it was fairly widespread.
My mistake, you’re correct. This was about 18 years ago….it was the spark plug problem now that I’m reminded!

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Had like a 2001 Continental. Got it off lease with 34k miles on the ticker. Still my favorite vehicle ever. Leather and stone quiet. Got 22.5 mpg and the Alpine 5 CD changer in the center console was INCREDIBLE.

Looked at the Town Car but it just felt too "Old Man" to me even though I was almost 50 at the time.

Haven't paid much attention lately.

Reactions: BigCyFan

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I've always been a fan of Lincolns, probably because I'm an old soul at heart. Would you recommend them? Looking at an MKZ (probably years 2011-2016), but I'm kind of tempted looking at Towncars as I kind of like the thought of driving on a cloud plus I've heard its not uncommon for Towncars to last over 300k miles.
Not a Lincoln owner, but I had an uncle who has since passed who was pretty well off. He was a school superintendent, then sold text books, owned a farm and a golf course and a cabin at the lake. He showed up with his family to a family reunion one time in a Lincoln. It was the Lincoln with the suicide doors, whatever model that was. As a preteen, I thought that was the coolest car I had ever seen and I vowed right then and there to one day own one of my own. Sadly, that never happened, but it's still a great memory.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
My grandpa was going to give me his 1976 Lincoln MarkIV. Then he forgot to tell my grandma and she sold it. Wish I had that monster boat.

Ah, the genuine 70s chungus.

Eight liter.

Eight MPG.

Zero to sixty in... eight seconds.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

They would spit plugs due to the depth of the threads in the aluminum alloy cylinder head. I had a truck with the 5.4 that spit 3 plugs. Not a big deal, I think the repair cost $2-300 each time, but it was definitely a design flaw. I still have it, the truck is 24 years old now.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY