Anybody here from the Boone area??

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I was cruising around between Waukee to Boone checking out storm damage last Thursday when I came across this on the side of the road. Basically I was heading north on 169 and turned on a blacktop that headed east towards Luther. It is on a gravel road just south of the blacktop. I drove by it and had to do a u-turn to go back and check it out. It looks like either a 1968 Dodge Charger or Plymouth Roadrunner. You can see it's up on blocks and there is nothing growing under it and busted auto glass in the dirt. Seems pretty obvious the thing was torched but just curious if anyone has the back story on this? Thanks in advance burned car.jpg

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I'm confused:
1. Do they want to know who did this and they are willing to pay $50,000?
Or
2. Do they know who did this and they want $50,000 to either buy their silence or get their statement?

#1 works if you know who the owner of the car is and how to get a hold of them.

#2 works if you know who the witness is

Sounds like local problems either way, and not one that you will likely get an answer to on the internet.

Reactions: Clonefan32

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I'm confused:
1. Do they want to know who did this and they are willing to pay $50,000?
Or
2. Do they know who did this and they want $50,000 to either buy their silence or get their statement?

#1 works if you know who the owner of the car is and how to get a hold of them.

#2 works if you know who the witness is

Sounds like local problems either way, and not one that you will likely get an answer to on the internet.

Ya, I was pretty confused by the wording as well. And I know the chances are slim to none I'd get an answer here, but don't know anyone in that area so figured I'd go fishing here.

kirk89gt

Feb 15, 2014
I grew up within a mile of that approximate location and I am pretty sure as to the location of your picture. As to any additional knowledge on this, I have none. Crazy stuff you see when you are driving around.

Reactions: Angie

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Guys been watching too many episodes of Graveyard Carz and probably thought his rusted piece of junk Mopar was worth a bunch of money before aliens set it on fire.

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
I was cruising around between Waukee to Boone checking out storm damage last Thursday when I came across this on the side of the road. Basically I was heading north on 169 and turned on a blacktop that headed east towards Luther. It is on a gravel road just south of the blacktop. I drove by it and had to do a u-turn to go back and check it out. It looks like either a 1968 Dodge Charger or Plymouth Roadrunner. You can see it's up on blocks and there is nothing growing under it and busted auto glass in the dirt. Seems pretty obvious the thing was torched but just curious if anyone has the back story on this? Thanks in advance

It's Boone. That's really all the backstory you need. Glad I'm not there anymore.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron