Anyone else not able to read ESPN+ articles?

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
ESPNs website has always been buggy for me. Not matter what browser etc I am using, I always seem to have random issues. Like not showing me logged in when am etc.

Now every ESPN+ article I try to read it says I must subscribe or log in, even though I am logged in and subbed. On the main page it will say I am logged in and show my sub etc. But when I click into a ESPN+ article I get a couple paragraphs and then the click to subscribe button. When I click that I get prompted to log in and do. It then has a button to continue reading article, click through and it brings up the same page with the start of the article and the button after a couple paragraphs to sub or log in.

I have tried refreshing, updating browser, and several other browsers. All do the same thing.

This has been happening at least a few days now.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone have any idea how to fix?

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Articles have not been a problem for me, but some times I can’t get the videos to work?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
ESPNs website has always been buggy for me. Not matter what browser etc I am using, I always seem to have random issues. Like not showing me logged in when am etc.

Now every ESPN+ article I try to read it says I must subscribe or log in, even though I am logged in and subbed. On the main page it will say I am logged in and show my sub etc. But when I click into a ESPN+ article I get a couple paragraphs and then the click to subscribe button. When I click that I get prompted to log in and do. It then has a button to continue reading article, click through and it brings up the same page with the start of the article and the button after a couple paragraphs to sub or log in.

I have tried refreshing, updating browser, and several other browsers. All do the same thing.

It happens periodically, I've found. Has happened to me 5-6 times. Usually goes back to working in a couple days. I've never been able to resolve it. It's always just fixed itself on its own

Reactions: 2speedy1

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Articles have not been a problem for me, but some times I can’t get the videos to work?
For me its the opposite, never have video issues, at least not as far as getting access or them to play.

But articles and other website features have been buggy a lot.

Donqluione

Feb 5, 2017

Have you tried deleting all cookies prior to closing/reopening browser? Think that has worked for me before but it's been a while

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011

I don't read the articles. I just log on for the slutty pics.

Tony Gunk

Jul 12, 2017
NE Iowa
I've had the same issue in the past. I contacted ESPN+ support and they had to fix the "entitlement date" on their back end. Come to find out being a subscriber to ESPN+ prior to adding a bundle messes with their system. I would suggest double-checking any ESPN+ subscriptions for possible duplicates and contact ESPN+ to have them refresh the entitlement date. They will have you clear cache, etc. (common troubleshooting), but guessing this is what it could be.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Have had it happen to me a couple times and had to contact customer support for them to fix it. The last person I talked with said that it has been an issue on their end and they believe they now have that fixed and it shouldn't happen again. I'll believe that when I see it.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I've had the same issue in the past. I contacted ESPN+ support and they had to fix the "entitlement date" on their back end. Come to find out being a subscriber to ESPN+ prior to adding a bundle messes with their system. I would suggest double-checking any ESPN+ subscriptions for possible duplicates and contact ESPN+ to have them refresh the entitlement date. They will have you clear cache, etc. (common troubleshooting), but guessing this is what it could be.

Have had it happen to me a couple times and had to contact customer support for them to fix it. The last person I talked with said that it has been an issue on their end and they believe they now have that fixed and it shouldn't happen again. I'll believe that when I see it.
Where do you contact support? Every link I click for support just brings up faqs, no contact info.

Edit: Finally dug up a number that worked. After being disconnected twice and talking to people I could barely understand, and having to literally say my name and spell it 6 times before they could even figure that out, then repeat the issue at least 4 times. Then them wanting my CC number and would not help unless I give it to them....I dont even pay with CC for the service. Asked for a super, and she told me, sure but they will tell me the same thing. And after a long wait, she came back on and said she found out she doesnt need my CC info, and did something, I logged out and back in and it worked.

Wow, just another terrible customer service experience. I hate talking to people obviously not in the US, that struggle with english, and then they expect way too much info, No way Im giving my password or CC info to someone in Pakistan or wherever they are.

But In the end they didnt need all that info and were able to fix the problem, so I guess there is that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Donqluione