NSCR: Anyone want to start a Cyclonefanatic Fox Sports NASCAR Fantasy Pool?

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
latest

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I actually put together a NASCAR pool if anyone is interested in getting into it? IM me your email abd I can explain it.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I don't usually do them through a website. I just hate signing up, as well as some of them have a fee they charge for it. I will send out an updated excel sheet every week on Monday with the new standings as well as that week's race. Also the spreadsheet has calculations in it that will allow for up to date calculations of how you stand against the others in the pool. Last, the sheet has an overall total area where you can see where you stand.

Here is mine:

2015 NASCAR Weekly Pick'Em Pool

Welcome to the 2015 NASCAR Weekly Pick'Em Pool. The way this pool works is each week I will send out a new entry sheet and each entrant will pick 4 drivers to compete in that weeks race. Drivers will be chosen from 4 groups based off the current standings. This will be as follows:

Driver Group #1: 1-5 place
Driver Group #2: 6-10 place
Driver Group #3: 11-15 place
Driver Group #4: 16-40 place

Once the race is over for that given week, there will be points awarded as follows:

Qualifying: Pole = 5, 2nd = 4, 3rd = 3, 4th = 2, 5th = 1
Finishing: Based off NASCAR's currently points allotted for each race.
Lap Leaders: Most = 5, 2nd = 4, 3rd = 3, 4th = 2, 5th = 1
Lap Lead: Multiplied by 0.1.
Postions Gained: Multiplied by 0.1.
Total Laps Completed: Multiplied by 0.01.

The entry fee is going to be $50 and there will be a weekly payout and then an overall standings payout. The breakdown from the payouts will be as follows:

Weekly Payouts (36): $1 from each entrants entry will go towards the weekly payouts.
Overall Standings: 1st = $8, 2nd = $4, 3rd = $2.
This will be taken out of each Entrants entry fee.

Each weeks picks will be sent out on Monday, and everyone's entry will need to be in by noon on the Thursday prior to the race. For the Daytona 500, points will not be given to the pole and 2nd qualifying position as it will be established before the entry sheet is sent out.

Thanks for getting in the pool, and GOOD LUCK!

The cost is $50, but the way I look at it is if that is broken down by 36 races it is less than $1.40 per race.

Last edited:

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Shouldn't you pick cars instead of drivers? I mean you pick horses and not jockeys.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Shouldn't you pick cars instead of drivers? I mean you pick horses and not jockeys.

Well 98%, yes that is a total guess, each driver will drive in their specific car each week. Also, if something happens like what happened to Tony Stewart last year, I will allow changes up until Thursday at Noon. Hence making it a small chance for drivers to be taken out of a race at the last minute.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I'm not paying for something I can do for free. It's not like I care that much.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I'm not paying for something I can do for free. It's not like I care that much.

Just throwing it out there for those that like to gamble a little bit. It doesn't say in my post that you HAVE to do it!

Thanks for your insight though.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Just throwing it out there for those that like to gamble a little bit. It doesn't say in my post that you HAVE to do it!

Thanks for your insight though.

I just wasn't expecting a $50 fee when you said that you don't like the online sites because they charge a fee. But carry on. Cmj, I don't suppose ESPN is ever going to have theirs back up?

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I just wasn't expecting a $50 fee when you said that you don't like the online sites because they charge a fee. But carry on. Cmj, I don't suppose ESPN is ever going to have theirs back up?

I doubt it. I dont think ESPN wants to get back into NASCAR anything

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA

Sorry for the confusion, but the $50 is not a FEE. It is the cost to get into the pool for a chance to win money every week and then overall. So for instance if there is 20 people in the pool the break down would be as follows:

Weekly Payouts (36):

$20 - Per Week for the Winner with the most points.

Weekly Subtotal: $720

Overall Payouts:

1st: $160
2nd: $80
3rd: $40

Overall Subtotal: $280

Total: $1,000

So what this is saying is that if 20 people get in for $50 they have a chance to win each week along with 3 more chances to win the Overall for a total of 39 times. Also, from the calculations above, you will see that I do not charge for the leg work to put the spreadsheet together or upkeep, because I just don't agree with doing so.

Hopefully this makes more sense. If it doesn't, feel free to let me know.