AP All-American List Released

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Sadly, going 1-7 on 3Ps in our loss to Purdue gave him no chance. He was going to need to lead us past the 2nd round to surpass the bluebloods and over hyped freshmen

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
Mfw+my+name+is+aaron+thanks+key+and+peele_4859dd_4943037.gif

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Sadly, going 1-7 on 3Ps in our loss to Purdue gave him no chance. He was going to need to lead us past the 2nd round to surpass the bluebloods and over hyped freshmen

But what you are saying right here is completely counter to the whole thought process with All-American voting, it should be based on the body of work... Not short-term memory of the last game we played before voting, plus to factor that in it has been quite a few weeks since Fultz has played....

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
But what you are saying right here is completely counter to the whole thought process with All-American voting, it should be based on the body of work... Not short-term memory of the last game we played before voting, plus to factor that in it has been quite a few weeks since Fultz has played....
Well, it shouldn't matter what team you play for either, but it does.

It stinks, but it's not going to change

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If they were going on NCAA tourney runs or late season performance, SC's Thornwell should be in there somewhere.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Not shocked or upset, this seems about right to me.

Yeah, I agree. The only changes I think I would make would be subsitute Monte for Fultz and Thornwell for Markkanen.

Ojeleye has an argument for being on there over Fultz/Marrkanen as well.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
If they were going on NCAA tourney runs or late season performance, SC's Thornwell should be in there somewhere.

Even ignoring the postseason, he was co-SEC player of the year with Monk, and I think he should have been on a team. Not a lot of SEC love on these teams.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
He's 2nd team or better if he plays for a blueblood.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Well, it shouldn't matter what team you play for either, but it does.

It stinks, but it's not going to change
Not saying it will ever change just saying your view is contradictory and more than that goes kind of parallel with how the media thinks....

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Not saying it will ever change just saying your view is contradictory and more than that goes kind of parallel with how the media thinks....
Haha, of course it is!

For right or wrong, that's what matters. Whether I think Morris is an AA is completely irrelevant. Imo the only chance for Morris to make one of the three teams was for the media to see ISU go on a great run led by MM. That didn't happen and he didn't have a great game against PU

Cyrammer

Dec 9, 2014
I read somewhere that the voting for the All American teams was completed immediately following the conference tournaments - prior to the NCAA tourney.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
they need career awards for guys that A) sticks around for four years and/or B) are the all-time leader in some category. I'll be the first to admit to 99% of fans these awards don't mean anything. The casual fan can't tell you who is on what list or who won awards last year. But it does matter to the players who actually go and perform and the schools they are trying to champion. For an All-Time great PG to get honorable mention is terrible. All-Time great.