Texas 11
WVU receiving votes
Iowa University 13
Drake receiving votes

Neither Big 12 or Big 10 getting much love

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Iowa at #13... here comes lunch: <urk> That's just gross seeing them ranked. Drake will probably lose a bunch of non-con games like the last two seasons, then steamroll the underwhelming Valley (also like the last two seasons). Maybe this year, UNI can finally knock them off their perch. I honestly like Coach Warren (when they're not playing us) - she's kind of like Fennelly in that she typically does more with less in Cedar Falls.

I noticed that one of the AP voters is at the Ames Tribune (and am blanking on the name at the moment).

Last edited:

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Guess the pollsters have given upon OU. They usually show them a lot of love in preseason polls.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Iowa at #13... here comes lunch: <urk> That's just gross seeing them ranked. Drake will probably lose a bunch of non-con games like the last two seasons, then steamroll the underwhelming Valley (also like the last two seasons). Maybe this year, UNI can finally knock them off their perch. I honestly like Coach Warren (when they're not playing us) - she's kind of like Fennelly in that she typically does more with less in Cedar Falls.

I noticed that one of the AP voters is at the Ames Tribune (and am blanking on the name at the moment).
Am I missing something on Iowa...when did Bluder and team become a near elite 8 school in women's hoops? Must have a bunch of juniors/seniors this year.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Baylor 4
Texas 11
WVU receiving votes
Iowa University 13
Drake receiving votes

Neither Big 12 or Big 10 getting much love

Minnesota at "26". Guessing that is some Lindsay Whalen love. Will be interesting to watch them this year. Dropped the former coaches zone and going man-to-man on defense. Going to be a totally different look,

And, wow, Big 10 and Big 12 projecting some weak sauce. The old play a weak NC cause the league is so tough manta is wearing a little thin with both leagues beginning pretty weak.

Last edited:
Reactions: runbikeswim

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Drake does what it can to build SOS though. Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa State, Rutgers, Notre Dame or Gonzaga and maybe Oregon. The last two variables are from a tourney in Vancouver. Throw in Creighton, South Dakota and South Dakota State and that's a really good NC schedule.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Am I missing something on Iowa...when did Bluder and team become a near elite 8 school in women's hoops? Must have a bunch of juniors/seniors this year.

Bet you don't recall Iowa was ranked pretty highly towards the end of last season: they weren't. This ranking his largely on Goose's play making her team better. But I don't think great. Fennelly's D plan slowed Goose in Ames last year, holding her to well below her end of season average. We lost by 6 or 7 in that game and we were not very good.

We play in Iowa City this year a little later into the season. Though I don't see a big chance for a win, we will have gotten some great game experience prior to the game. Would really love to surprise the Hawks and Goose in IC.

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Can't argue with it much, get the season started and see how it plays out.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Bet you don't recall Iowa was ranked pretty highly towards the end of last season: they weren't. This ranking his largely on Goose's play making her team better. But I don't think great. Fennelly's D plan slowed Goose in Ames last year, holding her to well below her end of season average. We lost by 6 or 7 in that game and we were not very good.

We play in Iowa City this year a little later into the season. Though I don't see a big chance for a win, we will have gotten some great game experience prior to the game. Would really love to surprise the Hawks and Goose in IC.

No TV for the game, that sucks.

We can scout the Hawks, they play Notre Dame on the 29th on ESPN2. The also play West Virginia on the 23th in that Junkanoo Jam thingie.

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Like to support the ladies, but going to CHA is such a beating poor seating, way to arrogant fans and giving money to the Hawkeye athletic dept. unless we win it just sucks. Even if we win I'm just glad to get out of that place.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Like to support the ladies, but going to CHA is such a beating poor seating, way to arrogant fans and giving money to the Hawkeye athletic dept. unless we win it just sucks. Even if we win I'm just glad to get out of that place.

And we win there about as much as they win in Hilton, last year notwithstanding. We have a five game losing streak there right now and we are 4-6 in our last ten games against the Hawks, 6-6 in last twelve. Pretty much a huge push. Still wish it was on TV. So much for the Big 10 network

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Thanks...I honestly didn't know and only watch them once per year when ISU is playing them.

Megan is on the watch list for NCAA POY with the usuals from the elite teams. She is that good.

Overall Iowa roster is really good. The only up side for ISU perspective, is Bludder is not a good game coach. I think there may be some questions about depth(Tania Davis return from ACL not 100% yet) and size/height (small guards 5 3 5 5 5 9) in guard court.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Megan is on the watch list for NCAA POY with the usuals from the elite teams. She is that good.

Overall Iowa roster is really good. The only up side for ISU perspective, is Bludder is not a good game coach. I think there may be some questions about depth(Tania Davis return from ACL not 100% yet) and size/height (small guards 5 3 5 5 5 9) in guard court.

One of the more entertaining games I watched last year was the Gophers and the Hawks in The Barn. Gophers won in a back and forth game. Teams combined to lay bricks at 6-29 from three distance. Megan had a pedestrian (for her) 20 and 10. Gophers did a good job of not letting her just kill them and the rest of the Hawks other than guard Doyle didn't do much in this game to help.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
ESPN poll is out. BU-5, TX-8, WV-25. Only other team receiving votes is Kansas with 14. Are they really the 4th best team in the league? Or did the voters get confused and think it was the mens poll ?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
ESPN poll is out. BU-5, TX-8, WV-25. Only other team receiving votes is Kansas with 14. Are they really the 4th best team in the league? Or did the voters get confused and think it was the mens poll ?
Remember back in the day when Tech was a perennial player?