Apple TV Questions

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
So, this is going to sound a bit whinny I realize but bare with me.... So I have a Apple TV 4th Gen, which I purchased late last year. Has worked perfectly until last weekend, the received all the sudden stopped finding my WIFI, I reset that received multiple times without any success out of per annoyance I did the reset to factor settings. After that I could not get past the syncing process with the remote and my Apple TV. I called Apple Care and after 45 mins they decided it was the remote and sent me a new one, the new one did not work so I setup a genius bar meeting. It worked with no probably syncing and setting up when I went into the Apple store. But when I got back home now the remote will not sync back up again. I assume this is firmware issue with conflict in my wifi is the only thing that I can think would cause I have tried multiple tv with no resolution. Anyone have any idea or had this same issue?

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Preface: I have 2 3rd gen Apple TVs and use them daily.

Have you considered replacing the remote battery? I suppose that probably isn’t an issue since you said it worked at the Genius Bar. Low batteries make the Apple TV next to impossible to use.

If you have an iPhone/iPad - Have you tried using the Remote App? See if that works better. That will communicate over the WiFi instead of RF.

Have you purchased any equipment recently that could interfere with communication with the AppleTV? Possibly a Black Friday purchase?

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA

Have you considered replacing the remote battery? I suppose that probably isn’t an issue since you said it worked at the Genius Bar. Low batteries make the Apple TV next to impossible to use.

If you have an iPhone/iPad - Have you tried using the Remote App? See if that works better. That will communicate over the WiFi instead of RF.

Have you purchased any equipment recently that could interfere with communication with the AppleTV? Possibly a Black Friday purchase?
All my Black Friday purchases did not show up till this week after the issue came up. I have never replaced the battery but the Gen 4 is like other devices that have internal recharge capability no actual batteries. I thought about the phone thing but kinda weird....

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA

That you for the suggestion it gave me something to go on I got an Apple Watch back early November. I thought maybe that was it but no luck so far, call scheduled Sunday morning....