Are there going to be any recruit signings today?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Haven't seen anything, and I realize most of the signing happened in the early signing period, but still wondering if anything is happening.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
247 now shows the QB, Glantz, as a scholarship commit. So, we must not be expecting any surprise announcements today, since they are handing out schollies to the walk ons already.

• Sad
Reactions: CyCloned

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
247 now shows the QB, Glantz, as a scholarship commit. So, we must not be expecting any surprise announcements today, since they are handing out schollies to the walk ons already.

Well, when it comes down to the NIL bargaining funds, ISU is going to always be more than a few chips short against the big dogs. Guess you go with the guys you got and try to build them into a team. I guess if they were going to take a QB, I wish they would have gone after Brock's brother instead of a JC guy. I'm sure the coaches see something I don't. Maybe he didn't want to come to ISU, but why would he go to Nebraska?

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Well, when it comes down to the NIL bargaining funds, ISU is going to always be more than a few chips short against the big dogs. Guess you go with the guys you got and try to build them into a team. I guess if they were going to take a QB, I wish they would have gone after Brock's brother instead of a JC guy. I'm sure the coaches see something I don't. Maybe he didn't want to come to ISU, but why would he go to Nebraska?
Think we already got our prime quarterback recruit in this class in the early signing.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I guess if they were going to take a QB, I wish they would have gone after Brock's brother instead of a JC guy. I'm sure the coaches see something I don't. Maybe he didn't want to come to ISU, but why would he go to Nebraska?

Actually, Nebraska ended up with some pretty good players in this class. Sounds like a couple of their new coaches are really good recruiters. With an easier schedule next year, they might win 6 or 7 games. They have to or Frost could be done. But obviously, some kids see some reason to go to Lincoln. Playing time could be a factor, I suspect.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Maybe that is the Thomas scholarship?
Or not.

If anyone got the Thomas scholarship (so far), it was the placekicker. Otherwise, Gilbert got the one they were holding for Moten.

247 doesn’t even show Gilbert as committed at the moment, which shows just how messed up they are…at the moment,