• Yes

Votes: 111 89.5%
  • No - NIT baby!

Votes: 13 10.5%

• Total voters

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
The dance is a recognition of a season's work. This team has enough quality wins to get in, but they are sliding to the precipice. If they lose out and lose in the first round of the conf tournament and end 17-14 …they could be outside looking in. right now they are just a horrible offensive team that can’t compete.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
The dance is a recognition of a season's work. This team has enough quality wins to get in, but they are sliding to the precipice. If they lose out and lose in the first round of the conf tournament and end 17-14 …they could be outside looking in. right now they are just a horrible offensive team that can’t compete.
So your opinion is we could go from an over all 11 seed to out of the tournament in that short a time?

• Winner
Reactions: dahliaclone

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Iowa and Iowa State would beat Drake by 30.
I don't know about that. Tucker, Penn and Wilkins could score at will from behind the arc, and Brodie would be just fine against Jones or Osunniyi. The Bulldogs actually run an offense and are good at it. Drake would be a very tough match-up for ISU.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Iowa and Iowa State would beat Drake by 30.
We’d be a 6.5 Pt favorite over Drake on a neutral floor per KP.

DeVries would be the best scorer on the floor and Penn would matchup well vs Lipsey - the rest of the team is where we would have the advantage.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
We’d be a 6.5 Pt favorite over Drake on a neutral floor per KP.

DeVries would be the best scorer on the floor and Penn would matchup well vs Lipsey - the rest of the team is where we would have the advantage.

Wilkins is alot better shooter than Gabe or Holmes. I think it would be a really close game.

Reactions: agentbear

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Wilkins is alot better shooter than Gabe or Holmes. I think it would be a really close game.
Wilkins career 2% .412
Wilkins career 3% .373
Gabe career 2% .455
Gabe career 3% .323

To me their 2% and 3% numbers are close to balancing out while one has played against way tougher competition over their career. Check out adjusted D for all the teams in each league. There are brutally bad defensive teams in the MVC.

Reactions: peatyscotch

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
There are brutally bad defensive teams in the MVC
I get it man, I go to alot of Drake games so I understand the Missouri Valley, I just think Wilkins is a better shooter. He'd probably get abused on defense in the Big 12 but I think he's a better offensive player than either of our guards.

• Dumb
Reactions: alarson

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I get it man, I go to alot of Drake games so I understand the Missouri Valley, I just think Wilkins is a better shooter. He'd probably get abused on defense in the Big 12 but I think he's a better offensive player than either of our guards.
I guess I just don't see how he's a lot better shooter when the numbers don't show it and the competition is way worse.

Reactions: peatyscotch

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I don't know about that. Tucker, Penn and Wilkins could score at will from behind the arc, and Brodie would be just fine against Jones or Osunniyi. The Bulldogs actually run an offense and are good at it. Drake would be a very tough match-up for ISU.

Drake plays in the Missouri Valley. It's not what it used to be. Sorry. Drake is a nice story, but their competition level is a joke. Iowa State would destroy them.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Drake plays in the Missouri Valley. It's not what it used to be. Sorry. Drake is a nice story, but their competition level is a joke. Iowa State would destroy them.
You know they actually have a player that was ranked higher in recruiting than anybody Iowa State currently has? Or that they have 3 Seniors that have played together for 5 years now? And that they all have Ncaa tournament experience? And that their 6th man off the bench played on Tech's Sweet 16 team last year?

Destroy is a harsh word considering how bad Iowa State is right now.

Help Support Us

Become a patron