Are we the medias favorite team?

iowaboy

Apr 4, 2008
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
National media loves ISU more than local media

While the CR gazette, and channel 9 are plugging the Clones more lately, they still have their collective heads up the Hoks' a$$es so far it's unreal. Mike Hlas knows the handwriting's on the wall, but still clings to the Hawkeyes like a warm blanket on a cold night ESPECIALLY in football. He wants to say things to Commander Coo-Coo so bad but doesn't have the guts. Evidently his fear of crossing swords with Ferents over-rides any loyalty to true journalism he has. Ferentz needs to be shown the door for sure. Iowa State BB is really being high-lighted in a great way and thus far have been up to the challenges. IB

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
While the CR gazette, and channel 9 are plugging the Clones more lately, they still have their collective heads up the Hoks' a$$es so far it's unreal. Mike Hlas knows the handwriting's on the wall, but still clings to the Hawkeyes like a warm blanket on a cold night ESPECIALLY in football. He wants to say things to Commander Coo-Coo so bad but doesn't have the guts. Evidently his fear of crossing swords with Ferents over-rides any loyalty to true journalism he has. Ferentz needs to be shown the door for sure. Iowa State BB is really being high-lighted in a great way and thus far have been up to the challenges. IB

I had to check and make sure I wasn't in the In State Rivals Forum.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Probably ought to be a bit further in the season before you proclaim a regime change. And you're foolish to think this is the beginning of the decline of KU. KU has had ridiculously young teams last year and this year after losing their entire starting five after the '13 season and three more starters after the '14 season. All but maybe one or two players return for KU next year so we'll be getting back to what most KU fans are used to soon enough. Maybe I am in the minority as far as KU fans are concerned but I am happy to have another team in the Big 12 be a national contender. More national respect for the conference overall helps financially, helps tv coverage, recruiting, etc... Part of the allure of going to Duke or Carolina was pointing out that the Duke-Carolina games get national attention. If KU-ISU can develop into that it would be great!

Agree with everything there. ISU fans drinking way too much kool aid. KU is always going to be KU.