Are you kidding me?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This is the very reason why we, as a research school, need to find a way to harness a tornado and keep it for a gameday mascot. All love to Cy, but the tornado would be #1 on every list.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Why does Nebraska have an inflatable Weeble?

Someday...I vow to deflate that thing via a BB gun.

I am longing for that day...when that stupid mascot that dances around like it has a bad case of Parkinson's disease, deflates with a feeble squeak after being riddled with BBs.

(apologies to all those with Parkinson's, being forced to watch such a despicable act each Saturday - seemingly mocking your disease)

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
This is why the CBS poll didn't make any sense. It was all about school MASCOTS - not our logo or "nickname." It was very confusing to me at the time at how everyone was rooting for Cy when the actual competition had to do with us as a tornado and nothing to do with our walking bird mascot. With that said, I think Cy rocks but come on, as a mascot he's not fierce as all :)

A tornado on the other hand is second only in power to the hurricane, so next year to make it clear, CBS should call their "Mascot Challenge" something else... like... "Nickname Challenge." lol

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Absolutely. It was an online poll that covered mascots from across the country. So, the country spoke. Enough said.

Ok............do you know the word naive isn't in the dictionary?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Absolutely. It was an online poll that covered mascots from across the country. So, the country spoke. Enough said.

:rolleyes5cz: I bet about 90% of the votes came from people here that were making the push to keep us in it. Let's be realistic now, we all know how it was won...

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I can see why all of those mascots belong on that list... except West Virginia. Okay, so it's a bearded guy, and he gets to hold a gun? Wow? Not intimidating at all, unless he was allowed to shoot misbehaving visiting fans.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron