Arizona Republican: Middle Easterners ‘look Mexican’ and want ‘to cause harm’

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
“If you know Middle Easterners, a lot of them, they look Mexican, you know, like a lot of people in South America,” tea party favorite Gabriela “Gabby” Mercer, who legally migrated from Mexico, says in the video (watch below). “Dark skin, dark hair, brown eyes. And they mix. They mix in. And those people, their only, their only goal in life is to cause harm to the United States. So, why do we want them here either legally or illegally?”

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am SHOCKED, absolutely SHOCKED, that she is a Tea Party favorite.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
“If you know Middle Easterners, a lot of them, they look Mexican, you know, like a lot of people in South America,” tea party favorite Gabriela “Gabby” Mercer, who legally migrated from Mexico, says in the video (watch below). “Dark skin, dark hair, brown eyes. And they mix. They mix in. And those people, their only, their only goal in life is to cause harm to the United States. So, why do we want them here either legally or illegally?”

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am SHOCKED, absolutely SHOCKED, that she is a Tea Party favorite.

Agree. Assuming "SHOCKED" was sarcastic.

CloneAggie

Oct 21, 2006
I might as well pile on...

Garrard Beeney, who represented the civil rights groups, presented emails sent to and from Clemmons' personal account between 2009 and 2011, when he was working on the law. One, from a man named Ed Koziol, used racially charged rhetoric to denounce the idea that poor, black voters might lack transportation or other resources necessary to obtain photo ID. If the Legislature offered a reward for identification cards, "it would be like a swarm of bees going after a watermelon," Koziol wrote.

Beeney asked Clemmons how he had replied to this email. Clemmons hesitated a moment before answering, "It was a poorly considered response when I said, 'Amen, Ed, thank you for your support.'"
WASHINGTON: S. Carolina lawmaker admits positive response to racist email on voter ID bill - Politics Wires - MiamiHerald.com

Two people were removed from the Republican National Convention Tuesday after they threw nuts at an African-American CNN camera operator and said, “This is how we feed animals.”
Two people removed from RNC after taunting black camera operator – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

I'm always amazed that people are dumb enough to believe things like this. The "everybody who is Middle Eastern hates American and wants to harm America more than anything else" myth is so transparently stupid. But I am actually horrified that anyone would support a politician dumb/bigoted enough to believe that.

Last edited:

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
Is Arizona officially the most racist state in the us? Every time I hear some politician saying racist **** they seem to be from Arizona.

cy1010

Dec 16, 2009
Well, it sounds to me like the individual is trying to scapegoat Middle Easterners for all the crime Mexicans commit! She's saying, Middle Easterners try to blend in and look like Mexicans. Now, if I a Mexican commits a crime I'm just going to assume it's actually a Middle Easterner trying to "look Mexican." I'm seeing through your ploy Senora!