around and around it goes

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
Well, as has been mentioned in previous threads, his new extension still contains language that would allow him to go to Michigan. Really, I think Miles is going to come away the bad guy in all of this no matter what happens, which I think is kind of unfortunate. The guy really wants to coach at Michigan, and there's no way he can leave this team in this situation. I think that had they not been selected for the BCS Championship, he would have been gone already.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
it is a tough spot for him to be in, however, i don't think he would have been viewed as a bad guy for leaving if he had just came out and said that he wanted the michigan job. everyone would have understood his sentiment-he is a bo schembechler guy-why wouldn't he love to have that job? instead he signed the extension to lsu and stated that he was there to stay, and now a week later it looks like he wants out. i think he could have gotten away with stating an interest in the michigan job but saying he wasn't going to focus on it until after the title game. the media makes to big of a deal of a coach doing something like this, and now it has blown up in miles face for trying to be secretive about it.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I am telling you... BVDV must have a new job at michigan somewhere, this is just like the Wayne Morgan coaching search. No, No, No, No, yes, hey you were the guy we wanted all along...

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
it is a tough spot for him to be in, however, i don't think he would have been viewed as a bad guy for leaving if he had just came out and said that he wanted the michigan job. everyone would have understood his sentiment-he is a bo schembechler guy-why wouldn't he love to have that job? instead he signed the extension to lsu and stated that he was there to stay, and now a week later it looks like he wants out. i think he could have gotten away with stating an interest in the michigan job but saying he wasn't going to focus on it until after the title game. the media makes to big of a deal of a coach doing something like this, and now it has blown up in miles face for trying to be secretive about it.
I see what you're saying.....but Les had no choice but to do what he did because when it came out the morning of the SEC championship game that Michigan and Les were reportedly having serious talks, the LSU people came at Les and told him to make a commitment to LSU, or be fired. I fully blame the catastrophy that is the Michigan coach search team. In addition to that, Carr did not make it easy on Les by announcing so early that he was retiring. Its well known that Carr is not a Miles fan, and so its not too surprising he didn't want to have an office down the hall from Miles....but now Michigan is going back to the well to see if Miles can still be had??? This is all very confusing now that they still haven't moved on.