Around The Web: Iowa State 9, Nebraska 7

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I'm going to compile a bunch of links from today's win in this thread and I'll stick it at the top of the football forum for the next 15 hours or so.

Feel free to post your own links that you find in addition to what I throw together here.

There's a pretty hopping thread featuring this YouTube video of the Cyclones celebrating after the big win. If you haven't checked it out yet, this is a must-watch.

ESPN.com's Tim Griffin was very complimentary of Paul Rhoads after the win.

Sean Keeler of the Des Moines Register warns football fans not to call Iowa State's win a fluke.

Here are some interesting quotes from Nebraska coach Bo Pelini courtesy of the Omaha World Herald.

Steven M. Sipple of the Lincoln Journal Star elaborates on what Keeler wrote. Sipple claims that only one of Nebraska's eight turnovers was considered "flukish."

Here's Randy Peterson's latest blog from the Des Moines Register.

• Love
Reactions: StClone

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Weak...this is what makes me angry, we get a huge win and there is barely anyone covering it nationally.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Weak...this is what makes me angry, we get a huge win and there is barely anyone covering it nationally.

We beat an unranked team in a much weakened Big 12, yeah its huge for us but nationally there are bigger stories.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Um, because Nebraska isn't Nebraska of old and we are Iowa State. No one outside Iowa cares.

You're saying this like I have no clue and no business to state such a phrase. We had more coverage in 2002, and this was a bigger win. Don't give me that "this isn't the Nebraska of old" because a ton of national talking heads regarded them as bringing back the Nebraska of old. Even losing to Texas Tech, they still thought they would handle the north.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
We beat an unranked team in a much weakened Big 12, yeah its huge for us but nationally there are bigger stories.

This game and the TAMU/TT game were arguably the biggest upsets in college football this week...you're telling me that isn't newsworthy?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
You're saying this like I have no clue and no business to state such a phrase. We had more coverage in 2002, and this was a bigger win. Don't give me that "this isn't the Nebraska of old" because a ton of national talking heads regarded them as bringing back the Nebraska of old. Even losing to Texas Tech, they still thought they would handle the north.

We were a MUCH better program in 2002. We haven't done anything this season for anyone to care about us. The talking heads regarded the Black Shirts, and their defense has played pretty damn well recently. Their offense sucks giant balls, but their defense is damn good.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
We were a MUCH better program in 2002. We haven't done anything this season for anyone to care about us. The talking heads regarded the Black Shirts, and their defense has played pretty damn well recently. Their offense sucks giant balls, but their defense is damn good.

And I just saw Kansas State highlights on ESPN...enough said. I don't see why anyone on here shouldn't be a little peeved that there were no highlights even, with all the Kool-aid people are drinking today. Very weird that I am having an argument about it...should be preaching to the choir!

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Maybe I was blind, but unless they can't show FSN footage on ESPN... there was nothing regarding this game on SportsCenter? They showed 5 out of 6 Big 12 recaps, and skimped on the ISU/NU match up. You're telling me KSU beating CU was a bigger deal? 8 turnovers wasn't a big enough story? How about a program beating the Huskers for the first time on the road since the Carter administration? THAT WASN'T A STORY?

Reactions: Rods79

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Maybe I was blind, but unless they can't show FSN footage on ESPN... there was nothing regarding this game on SportsCenter? They showed 5 out of 6 Big 12 recaps, and skimped on the ISU/NU match up. You're telling me KSU beating CU was a bigger deal? 8 turnovers wasn't a big enough story? How about a program beating the Huskers for the first time on the road since the Carter administration? THAT WASN'T A STORY?

If kNU had been ranked 25th, it'd be all over the place. The simple fact that they weren't/aren't ranked means we will get little to no pub out of this.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
If kNU had been ranked 25th, it'd be all over the place. The simple fact that they weren't/aren't ranked means we will get little to no pub out of this.

Yeah, because KSU and CU was such a high profile match-up. Just an excuse to flash Snyder's mug across the screen.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines

Thank you!!!! Finally a fan with their head on straight!! I swear I've seen FSN clips on ESPN, and I don't know what channel KSU was on today, but I'd be willing to bet (based on the video quality) it was something like FCS.

KJinAmes

Oct 24, 2009
teams get coverage when they deserve it. Pretty much every team in the Big 12 has won before. ISU has not. KSU has and not too many years ago. Yes i think state deserves a mention with the 8 turnovers, but just like the game commentary it would all be about how nebraska shot themselves in the foot! i would rather not hear anything about it if it cant be positive. If ISU can keep winning the coverage will be there. And if they would have beaten KSU and Kansas it would be there. winning changes everything

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Like it or not, KSU is 3-1 in conference and leads the Big 12 North. The good news is that we're alone in second place. The bad news is that KSU would win a tiebreaker. Man it sucks to think that we're that close to being tied for or alone in first place in the North, but of course it's awesome to be where we are.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Like it or not, KSU is 3-1 in conference and leads the Big 12 North. The good news is that we're alone in second place. The bad news is that KSU would win a tiebreaker. Man it sucks to think that we're that close to being tied for or alone in first place in the North, but of course it's awesome to be where we are.

The good news is that KSU's schedule is brutal. OU, KU, Mizzou, and NU. They might only win 1 more game all season.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron